Average Business Development Manager Salary at Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
The average salary for a Business Development Manager is $95,000
What do business development managers do.
Business development managers are responsible for managing expectations and developing business solutions for their organizations. They are in charge of creating effective business plans to generate more revenue, increase brand loyalty, and improve customer satisfaction.
Some of their main duties include brainstorming with other business development staff to define the scope of the project, review requirements, and approve timeframes. They work well with other company managers to oversee the …Read more
- Achieve revenue goals.
- Maintain good working relationships with existing clients previously to enhance client retention and new sales through referrals and references.
- Identify and develop new and existing referral sources to develop successful referring relationships.
- Actively identify and generate prospects through strategic sales strategies focusing on customers in target markets.
Common Health Benefits for a Business Development Manager
Gender breakdown for business development managers.
FAQs About Business Development Managers
What is the highest pay for business development managers.
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Business Development Manager is $NaN / year
What is the lowest pay for Business Development Managers?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Business Development Manager is $NaN / year
How can Business Development Managers increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Business Development Manager is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Business Development Manager that oversees more junior Business Development Managers, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Salary Details for a Senior Business Development Manager at Thermo Fisher Scientific
- United States
- Any Experience
- 10-14 Years
Total Pay Estimate & Range
The estimated total pay for a Senior Business Development Manager at Thermo Fisher Scientific is $253,486 per year. This number represents the median, which is the midpoint of the ranges from our proprietary Total Pay Estimate model and based on salaries collected from our users. The estimated base pay is $124,593 per year. The estimated additional pay is $128,893 per year. Additional pay could include bonus, stock, commission, profit sharing or tips. The "Most Likely Range" represents values that exist within the 25th and 75th percentile of all pay data available for this role.
How accurate is this most likely Total Pay range (base + additional) of $198K-$333K/yr?
Related Searches : All Senior Business Development Manager Salaries | All Thermo Fisher Scientific Salaries
Total Pay Breakdown
Apply to open jobs at thermo fisher scientific, recent salaries for a business development manager at thermo fisher scientific.
- All Years Of Experience
- Most Recent
- Highest Pay
Years of Experience
Sep 1, 2021
Aug 2, 2021
San Diego, CA
Jun 3, 2021
Jan 14, 2021
May 31, 2020
New York, NY
Los Angeles, CA
San Francisco, CA
Thermo Fisher Scientific Salary FAQs
The average salary for a Senior Business Development Manager is $96,776 per year in United States , which is 61% lower than the average Thermo Fisher Scientific salary of $253,486 per year for this job.
The salary trajectory of a Senior Business Development Manager ranges between locations and employers. The salary starts at $85,921 per year and goes up to $212,062 per year for the highest level of seniority.
Popular Careers with Thermo Fisher Scientific Job Seekers
Get email updates, thermo fisher scientific benefits.
“ Good and fair compared to similar companies ”
“ Overall good plan with matching ”
“ The same as other companies ”
Thermo Fisher Scientific Photos
Expert Career Advice
Learn How to State Your Case and Earn Your Raise
Climb the Ladder With These Proven Promotion Tips
A Guide to Negotiating the Salary You Deserve
How to Prepare for Your Interview and Land the Job
Know Your Worth™. Get a free, personalized salary estimate based on today's job market.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Job Seekers Also Viewed
THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC. Business Development Manager Salary in the United States
How much does an Business Development Manager make at companies like THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC. in the United States? The average salary for Business Development Manager at companies like THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC. in the United States is $147,693 as of February 27, 2023, but the range typically falls between $123,623 and $171,763 . Salary ranges can vary widely depending on many important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, the number of years you have spent in your profession. With more online, real-time compensation data than any other website, Salary.com helps you determine your exact pay target. View the Cost of Living in Major Cities
About THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC.
Browse other Companies in the MFG Durable Industry
View thermo fisher scientific inc. Salary
Employees: Get a Salary Increase
Employers: Price Your Company Jobs
What does an Business Development Manager do at companies like THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC.?
Our Business Development Manager (BDM) focuses on representing and expanding the Drug Product Manufacturing Services business in the Southern California area (Los Angeles, Orange County, etc.) at Patheon, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific. This is a multi-faceted role within our organization and is directly responsible to establish new client relationships, generate new leads, and support our Business Development Executives with clients in this respective area. The BDM III builds an internal and external network that identifies new target clients, follows through on leads from a variety of sources, and supports transition of clients and newly created opportunities for the established team of lead Business Development Executives in that territory. The BDM focuses on identifying new clients and projects for Patheon’s industry leading Drug Product and Pharmaceutical Development and Commercial manufacturing services.
What will you do?
- New Business Development including identifying opportunities with new clients through interaction with other Patheon teams and following up on leads while working with existing sales team BDEs to close new business
- Creating and executing sales programs for new prospective clients to increase awareness of Patheon’s service offering and key differentiators from our competition
- Identifying and presenting Patheon’s value proposition, including opportunities for strategic bundling of Patheon services.
- Supporting existing client facing BDEs in the territory in management of current opportunities and relationships
- Customer Facing and Tele-con visits within your respective territory
How will you get there?
Bachelor’s degree in a related field, MBA or related experience preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year experience performing and/or selling related services within the Biopharmaceutical industry
- Established in the life sciences or pharmaceutical industry is a strong plus
Skills, Qualities & Competencies:
- Professional presentation skills and ability to network within senior management ranks
- Dynamic and highly self-motivated individual
- Ability to establish a functional, home office environment to effectively manage assigned responsibilities
- Ability to travel extensively within the defined territory, as well as based on business need (trade shows, supporting site visits, attending team meetings etc).
This position has not been approved for relocation assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Learn More About
New Business Development Manager
Acceleration Community of Companies (ACC) - Los Angeles, CA
Business Development Manager
Emerson - Los Angeles, CA
Business Development Manager - West Region
Abb Holdings Inc - Los Angeles, CA
Marketing & Business Development Manager
Accounting Placements Direct - Newport Beach, CA
Understand the total compensation opportunity for Business Development Manager at companies like THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC., base salary plus other pay elements
Average total cash compensation.
Includes base and annual incentives
Search Job Openings
Are you an hr manager or compensation specialist.
Salary.com's CompAnalyst platform offers:
- Detailed skills and competency reports for specific positions
- Job and employee pricing reports
- Compensation data tools, salary structures, surveys and benchmarks.
Browse Business Development Manager Jobs in Major Cities
- Business Development Manager, Washington, DC
- Business Development Manager, Chicago, IL
- Business Development Manager, New York, NY
- Business Development Manager, San Francisco, CA
- Business Development Manager, Dallas, TX
Popular Jobs at THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC.
- Account Manager at THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC.
- Account Manager - Clinical at THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC.
- Account Manager - Inside Sales at THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC.
- Account Manager- Chromatography Consumables at THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC.
- Account Manager III at THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC.
- Account Manager, Life Sciences at THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC.
- Accountant - Group Accounting at THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC.
- Accountant/Financial Analyst at THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC.
- Accounts Payable Representative (Internship) at THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC.
- Accounts Payable Representative II at THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC.
- AD Technical Writer II at THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC.
- AIV Manager at THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC.
Similar Jobs to Business Development Manager in Other Companies
- Development Manager at Womens Business Development Council
- Manager - Business Development at Business Development - Energy Transfer Family of Partnerships Careers
- Manager - Business Development - South Africa at Business Development - South Africa - the Association Careers
- Regional Development Manager (Principal Executive/Manager F) at Oregon Business Development Department
- Regional Business Manager at Regional Business Manager
- Program Manager – Child Care Business Support Program at Womens Business Development Council
- RKB Southern Pines - Key Business Manager at Key Business Manager
- Business Development Manager at E-business International Inc
The estimated total pay for a Business Development Manager at Thermo Fisher Scientific is $212,384 per year. This number represents the median, which is the midpoint of the ranges from our proprietary Total Pay Estimate model and based on salaries collected from our users. The estimated base pay is $110,339 per year.
Business Development Manager Location United States Average salary $122,601 per year 72% Above national average Average $122,601 Low $61,000 High $185,000 Salary estimated from 15 employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed in the past 36 months. Compare all Business Development Manager salaries in the United States
The average salary for a Business Development Manager is $95,000. Base Salary. $84k - $107k. Bonus. $5k - $13k. Total Pay. $89k - $143k. Based on 7 salary profiles (last updated Apr 13 2021)
Average salaries for Thermo Fisher Scientific International Business Development Manager: $121,176. Thermo Fisher Scientific salary trends based on salaries posted anonymously by Thermo Fisher Scientific employees.
The estimated total pay for a Senior Business Development Manager at Thermo Fisher Scientific is $253,486 per year. This number represents the median, which is the midpoint of the ranges from our proprietary Total Pay Estimate model and based on salaries collected from our users. The estimated base pay is $124,593 per year.
The average salary for Business Development Manager at companies like THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC. in the United States is $145,840 as of October 27, 2022, but the salary range typically falls between $120,630 and $171,049. Toggle navigation Demo Home For YouPersonal Menu For EmployersBusiness Menu Survey CatalogServey Menu ResourcesResources Menu
The estimated salary at Thermo Fisher Scientific ranges from approximately $37,124 per year for Technologist to $173,061 per year for Director of Finance. The estimated hourly pay at Thermo Fisher Scientific ranges from approximately $13.86 per hour for Senior Operations Coordinator to $48.90 per hour for Communication Specialist....