4th Grade Science Worksheets
- All subjects
90 4th Grade Science Worksheets
A question of life or death
See what living things can do! In this science worksheet, your child connects pictures of the activities of living things to the words they represent.
A whale of a story
How fast does sound travel in water? In this science worksheet, your child learns about the speed of sound in different environments and interprets data in a table to answer questions.
All mixed up!
What happens when solids are added to liquids? In this science worksheet, your child will determine (or try to!) what may happen when various solids are added to different types of liquids.
All-weather gift wrap
Are these materials absorbent? In this science worksheet, your child learns about materials that are and aren't absorbent.
Is it an herbivore or a carnivore? In this science worksheet, your child identifies which animals are herbivores and which are carnivores.
In what habitat would these animals normally live? In this science worksheet, your child connects each animal to its natural habitat.
Animals must fit in
How do the tadpole's eyes, gills, and tail help it survive? In this science worksheet, your child learns to consider how a tadpole's body helps it survive in its natural habitat.
Are beds made of balsa wood?
Which wood is most susceptible to woodworms? In this science worksheet, your child learns about different types of wood and reads a table of data to answer questions.
Are these made of metal?
In this science worksheet, your child will read a table full of experiment results data and determine how many objects are made of metal.
Attract or repel?
Look at these pairs of magnets! In this science worksheet your child learns about magnetic poles and determines whether pairs of magnets will attract or repel each other.
Yes! Sign me up for updates relevant to my child's grade.
Please enter a valid email address
Thank you for signing up!
Server Issue: Please try again later. Sorry for the inconvenience
4th Grade Science Worksheets and Study Guides
The big ideas in Fourth Grade Science include exploring the sciences within the framework of the following topics: “Organisms and Their Environments” (patterns of behavior and changes in the environment); “Astronomy” (Earth, Sun, Moon and planets); “Weather” (water cycle, clouds, and severe weather); and “Properties of Light and Electricity” (reflection, refraction, and series and parallel circuits).
Science Worksheets and Study Guides Fourth Grade
Earth & space, earth - inside and out, earth's waters, fossils and extinct animals, our solar system and beyond, rocks and minerals, ecosystems and changes in ecosystems, food webs/food chains, forces, motion & energy, electricity and magnetism, force, motion and energy, light and sound, plants & animals, animal growth and reproduction, cells- the building blocks of living things, classifying organisms, introduction to animals, invertebrates - animals without backbones, organ systems, plant growth and reproduction, plant structure and function, vertebrates - animals with backbones, did you know... 4th grade, hands-on lab skills/science inquiry, math in science, science in our world, weather & climate, weather and climate, newpath learning resources are fully aligned to us education standards. select a standard below to view aligned activities for your selected subject and grade:.
- Download and Print thousands of standards-based ELA, Social Study, Science and Math Worksheets and Study Guides!
- Membership Benefits
- Completing Worksheets Online
- Share to Google Classroom
- Middle School
- High School
- Math Worksheets
- Language Arts
- Social Studies
Fourth Grade Science
- Difference Between
- 2020 Calendar
- Online Calculators
- Coloring Pages
© 2005-2020 Softschools.com
Reading & Math for K-5
- Learning numbers
- Comparing numbers
- Place Value
- Roman numerals
- Order of operations
- Drills & practice
- Factoring & prime factors
- Shape & geometry
- Data & graphing
- Word problems
- Children's stories
- Leveled Stories
- Context clues
- Cause & effect
- Compare & contrast
- Fact vs. fiction
- Fact vs. opinion
- Figurative language
- Main idea & details
- Story elements
- Conclusions & inferences
- Sounds & phonics
- Words & vocabulary
- Reading comprehension
- Early writing
- Numbers & counting
- Simple math
- Other activities
- Dolch sight words
- Fry sight words
- Multiple meaning words
- Prefixes & suffixes
- Other parts of speech
- Cursive alphabet
- Cursive letters
- Cursive letter joins
- Cursive words
- Cursive sentences
- Cursive passages
- Grammar & Writing
Download & Print Only $3.49
Free science worksheets.
Our free science worksheets currently cover kindergarten through grade 3 science topics in the life sciences , earth sciences and physical sciences . Topics include plants, animals, our bodies, food & nutrition, weather and seasons, energy, properties of heat, light and sound, forces and motion and materials.
All worksheets are printable pdf documents with answer sheets on the second page.
Science worksheets by grade:
Kindergarten Science Worksheets
Grade 1 Science Worksheets
Grade 2 Science Worksheets
Grade 3 Science Worksheets
Sample Science Worksheet
What is K5?
K5 Learning offers free worksheets , flashcards and inexpensive workbooks for kids in kindergarten to grade 5. Become a member to access additional content and skip ads.
Our members helped us give away millions of worksheets last year.
We provide free educational materials to parents and teachers in over 100 countries. If you can, please consider purchasing a membership ($24/year) to support our efforts.
Members skip ads and access exclusive features.
Learn about member benefits
This content is available to members only.
Join K5 to save time, skip ads and access more content. Learn More
- Forgot Password?
Little Worksheets Printable Worksheets For Preschool Through Grade 5
- Basic Skills
Grade Leveled Worksheets
- Kindergarten Math
- Kindergarten Reading
- Kindergarten Science
- Grade 1 Math
- Grade 1 Reading
- Grade 1 Science
- Grade 2 Math
- Grade 2 Reading
- Grade 2 Science
- Grade 3 Math
- Grade 3 Reading
- Grade 3 Science
- Grade 4 Math
- Grade 4 Reading
- Grade 4 Science
- Grade 5 Math
- Grade 5 Reading
- Grade 5 Science
Worksheets By Topic
- Above or Below
- Cause and Effect
- Following Directions
- Math Puzzles
- More or Less
- Run-on Sentence Worksheets
- Same and Different
- Subject Verb Agreement
- What Belongs?
4th Grade Science Worksheets The 4th grade curriculum covers a very broad range of topics. We scratch the surface of biology, but spend a lot more time on the physical sciences.
Atmospheric Pressure & Light - The deeper you go, the more stuff on top of you; as my old chemistry teacher would say.
Cycles and Patterns Related to the Earth, Sun and Moon - The universe is just full of patterns.
Energy Exists in Many Forms - Lets look at the nature of energy.
Inherited Genes - We get old because we basic run out of DNA as in continually replicates.
How Gravity Affects the Sun, Moon, and Earth
All Things Matter - Let's look at the basic principals of chemistry.
What is Photosynthesis? I wish I could do photosynthesis. Lunch would be super cheap.
How Plants and Animals Survive & Adapt to their Environment
Plant Parts and Their Functions - We look at all the major organelles.
The Sun's Energy is Vital for Life on Earth - What happens when the sun burns out?
Understanding the Water Cycle - This is a biggie and appears on every test, every where.
Animal Cell Diagram - The animal are built to divide and work on dividing.
Plant Cell Diagram - A simple diagram for you in the traditional green.
Water Cycle Diagram - A very important part of weather patterns.
Grade 4 Science Vocabulary Quiz - This content for this level is very nature oriented, so is this quiz.
- Website That I Like
© LittleWorksheets.com. All rights reserved. Our Work Cannot Be Used For Commercial Means
Grade 4 science worksheets , PDF Printable
Grade 4 science worksheets | 4th grade science worksheets, PDF Printable. Topics covered include: Ecosystems, cells, adaptations, rocks and minerals, scientific names, weather and date readings, states of matter, thermal and heat energy flows an more. Each worksheet if a printable pdf sheet with answer keys attached for harder exercises. Download and share.
Adaptation of animals printable worksheet, learn about animals.
Print here >>>
Interactive Test Sheets
Don't have a printer ? Don't worry. Check out online activity sheets here
Practice here >>>
Chicken Life Cycle
Worksheet on the life cycle of a chicken from egg, chick , growth. Print & learn.
Facts on animals
Learn some facts about animals on this pdf printable worksheet, diet, reproduction etc.
Frog Life Cycle
Learn the stages in the life cycle of a frog, egg, tadpole, froglet, adult.
Worksheet on the life cycle of a grasshopper from egg, numph, adult..
- Digestive system
The human digestive system worksheet pdf printable for educators.
printable activity on the fives senses, smell, sight, touch, taste etc.
Animal cell worksheet pdf, learn to label parts of an animal cell.
Cells & Functions
Functions of parts of a cell worksheet e.g. function of nucleus, mitichondrion etc.
Plant Cell Functions
Learn about the functions of the parts of a plant cell, cell wall, cell membrane etc.
An anotated diagram of plan cells. Label cell parts worksheet pdf.
Living & Nonliving
Learn how to distinguish between living and nonliving things in this activity sheet..
Fish, Mammals, Birds
Classification of organisms worksheets e.g. mammals, bird, fish, reptile, amphibians.
Classify animals either as vertebrates of invertebrates on this worksheet. backbone / no backbone.
Temperate Ecosystems worksheet for kids, learn about producers, consumers, types of ecosystems etc.
Tropical ecosystem worksheet. Learn about types of animals and food chain.
Force & Motion
Learn about forces on this sheet. Learn about lead concepts on force & motion.
Learn about different forces, friction, gravity, motion, speed, acceleration and more. pdf.
Diagrams and illustrations for 4th graders to learn predicting heat flow across materials.
Activity worksheet on comparing materials of objects, gold, rock, acidity, hardness etc.
Learn about mixtures, methods of separating mixtures, distunguishing between both.
Identify physical and chemical changes in the worksheet. An answer key is attached.
Classify vegetables and fruits on this worksheet. garlic, onion, cabbage, lettus, avacado, carrot..
Activity on functions on the parts of a plant: roots, leaves, shoots, seeds.
Learn the scientific and common names of animals: dog, elephant, fox, tiger etc.
Climate data reading and predictions worksheet, read graphs, temperature, rainfall etc.
Teach students how to read thermometer readings in degrees, mercury level etc.
Teach students how to read weekly temperature data on this worksheet and learn predictions.
Dog hind leg anatomy diagram to be labelled. Printable sheet
Human eye diagram
The structure of the human eye with a printable pdf test sheet
The human skull anatomy with bones of the skull to label, pdf worksheet
Stage beetle life cycle
The stage beetle life cycle diagram with parts to label
Nose & Nasal Cavity
The nose and nasal cavity diagram worksheet labeling activity.
Parts of stomach
Learn different parts of the stomach, stomach anatomy worksheet pdf.
The digestive system diagram to label. Learn anatomy of the stomach.
Human ear diagram
The human ear structure and function pdf worksheet.
Human teeth diagrams to label worksheet pdf print.
Learn different Earth processes on this worksheet pdf. Flooding, erosion etc
Gas, Solid, Liquid
Identify human body parts and their functions, teeth, skin, tongue, eye, ear etc..
Learn to label the parts of a bird. wings, legs, eye, beak, tail, crown etc..
We offer PDF sheets in the highest quality.
- 1st grade science
- 2nd grade science
- 3rd grade science & more
E-learning science games
- Pirate Games
- Moonshot Game
- Catapult Game
- and More More Games.
We make our science lessons appealing to kids by blending activities with interesting science puzzles. Track and find answers .
We cover topics on: weather, animals, ecosystems, life cycles, laboratory readings, fossils, plants, adaptation, force, mixtures, classification etc.
We help parents and teachers supplement their kid's science course. Our resources are therefore free and can be shared online.
Science practice for kids
- Science Worksheets
- Science Games
- Science Puzzles
- Science Quizzes
- Science Articles
- Identify ecosystems
- Compare ecosystems
- Earth processes & More
- Physical Science
- Environmental science
- Life science
Algebra & Pre-Algebra
Daily Math Review
Division (Long Division)
Order of Operations
Word Problems (Daily)
More Math Worksheets
Reading Comprehension Gr. 1
Reading Comprehension Gr. 2
Reading Comprehension Gr. 3
Reading Comprehension Gr. 4
Reading Comprehension Gr. 5
Reading Comprehension Gr. 6
Reading & Writing
Cause & Effect
Fact & Opinion
Fix the Sentences
Synonyms & Antonyms
Writing Story Pictures
More ELA Worksheets
More Phonics Worksheets
Sight Word Units
Sight Words (Individual)
More Early Literacy
Subjects and Predicates
More Grammar Worksheets
Spelling Grade 1
Spelling Grade 2
Spelling Grade 3
Spelling Grade 4
Spelling Grade 5
More Spelling Worksheets
Magic Tree House #1
More Literacy Units
Animal (Vertebrate) Groups
Butterfly Life Cycle
Matter (Solid, Liquid, Gas)
Space - Solar System
More Science Worksheets
Maps (Map Skills)
More Social Studies
St. Patrick's Day
More Holiday Worksheets
Puzzles & Brain Teasers
Logic: Addition Squares
Mystery Graph Pictures
Lost in the USA
More Thinking Puzzles
More Teacher Helpers
Pre-K and Kindergarten
Numbers and Counting
Word Search Generator
Multiple Choice Generator
More Generator Tools
Full Website Index
Learn to classify animal (vertebrate) groups with these printable animal worksheets. Learn about mammals, reptiles, birds, fish, and amphibians.
Read about your all of your favorite animal species.
Learn about plant and animal cells with these diagrams, worksheets, and activities.
Print dinosaur reading comprehension articles, dinosaur puzzles, dino math pages, and more.
Explore current electricity and circuits with these worksheets and activities.
Learn about the senses of sight, touch, hearing, smell, and taste with these printables.
Explore food chains and ecosystems with these printables.
Measure the volume of liquids in the graduated cylinders.
Discover the workings of the human body with these articles and worksheets.
Learn about the anatomy and life cycle of insects.
Our invertebrates page has a classroom scavenger hunt, word maze puzzles, reading comprehension passages, a cut-and-sort activity, and a classroom scavenger hunt.
Learn landform vocabulary words, such as plain, plateau, mesa, volcano, cliff, isthmus, mountain, and hill.
Life cycle wheel, scavenger hunt, worksheets, and a mini-book about butterflies
Scavenger hunt, worksheets, life cycle wheel, and a mini-book about frogs
Find out how a mealworm changes into an adult darkling beetle.
Find out how light energy works. This page has a reading comprehension passage and a classroom scavenger hunt.
Learn about magnetism with these experiments and worksheets.
Learn the different between the three states of matter: solids, liquids, and gases.
This page has worksheets, learning centers, and activities to help students learn about healthy and unhealthy food choices.
This page has everything you need for a unit on owls and for an owl pellet dissection project.
Learn all about plant life with these printables.
Discover the workings of the six basic simple machines.
Explore outer space with this collection of worksheets and games.
Learn all about our planet with these worksheets of layers of the Earth, rocks, and volcanoes.
Use these worksheets and activities to teach students about weather.
A full index of all Math, ELA, Spelling, Phonics, Grammar, Science, and Social Studies worksheets found on this website.
Fourth Grade Science Worksheets For Kids
MomJunction has designed this set of science worksheets for grade 4, keeping in mind that studying should be fun too. There are several interactive worksheets in this set that will help your kid clear their doubts on several topics of physics, science, and geology.
We have covered a wide range of interesting topics such as the human heart, human brain, different systems of the human body, food webs, rock cycle, and machines. Unique activities have been provided for each topic to make sure that your child gets to put their learning into practice.
- Cursive Writing
- Letter Tracing
- Missing Letters
- Compound Words
- Common & Proper Nouns
- Perfect Tense
- Progressive Tense
- Singular Plural Noun
- Paragraph Writing
- Reading Comprehension
- Rhyming Words
- Complete The Sentence
- Sentence Correction
- Story Mapping
- Word Search
- Word Tracing
- Single Digit
- Three digit
- Ascending And Descending
- Expanded Form
- Missing Numbers
- Place Value
- Roman Numbers
- Electric Circuits
- Simple Machines
- Atomic Structure
- Earth Quake
- Geological Processes
- Plate Tectonics
- Rocks And Minerals
- Water Cycle
- Five Senses
- Human Heart
- Living And Non Living Things
- Muscular System
- Parts Of Brain
- Plant Life Cycle
- Respiratory System
- Skeletal System
- Lunar Eclipse
- Scientific Method
- States Of Matter
- Layers Of Earth
- Plant Parts
- Spheres Of Earth
- Renewable And Non-Renewable
- Solar Eclipse
- Solar System
- Weather & Seasons
- Weathering Erosion Deposition
- Continents And Oceans
- Position And Direction
- Latitude Longitude
- National Symbols
- Traffic Signals
- States And Capitals
- World War I
- World War II
Write The Name And Function Of The Human Body System
The Human Body System: Overview, Anatomy & Function
Interpreting The Food Web
Symbols Of Parts Of An Electrical Circuit
Crossword Puzzle On Electrical Circuits
What Are Electrical Circuits: An Introduction
Different Types Of Rocks And Minerals Worksheet
Parts Of The Heart Worksheet
Geological Process That Shape The Earth
Anatomy Of The Human Heart Worksheet : An Introduction
Series And Parallel Circuits Worksheet For Kids
Different Types Of Simple Machines
Major Organs Of The Human Body
Anatomy Of Human Brain
The Complex Structure Of Food Web: An Inroduction
Human Digestive System Acitivity For Kids
All About The Rock Cycle
- New? Start Here!
- FREE Printable Water Cycle Worksheets for Kids
Water Cycle Worksheets
This no-prep and free water cycle worksheet pack is fully black and white, which will help with printing costs. Whether you are a parent, teacher, homeschooler, daycare provider, or planning a summer science camp – you will love these no-prep water cycle fill in the blank pages, water cycle coloring pages , and more with information about the water cycle for kids . Use these in your water cycle lesson plan for kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, and grade 5 students! These worksheets would also be great used as part of a weather unit.
Water cycle worksheet pdf
Water Cycle for Kids
There are eleven pages in this pack. Each page includes different activities that relate to the water cycle.
Water cycle diagram worksheet
The activities in this pack include:
- Basic water cycle poster that can be colored in
- Basic water cycle poster that is to be labelled and colored in
- Basic water cycle page for children to draw or write about the parts of the water cycle
- More in depth water cycle poster that can be colored in
Water cycle fill in the blank
- More in depth water cycle poster that is to be labelled and colored in
- More in depth page for children to draw or write about the parts of the water cycle
- Vocabulary page where children can explain in their own words what each part of the water cycle does (precipitation, evaporation, runoff, transpiration, water cycle, sun, and water vapor)
- Water cycle word search
Label the Water Cycle Worksheet
- Water cycle match – match the words to their meaning
- Water cycle cut and paste – cut out the numbers and paste in the correct order
- Draw and label your own water cycle poster
These worksheet pages come completely in black and white, so that children can use their creative skills to decorate them as they wish.
- Simple Air Pressure Experiments for kids
- EPIC Lego Water Cycle Model for Kids
- Rain Cloud for Kids experiment and free worksheet
- How to Make a Weather Vane – easy weather science project for elementary age students
- Type of Cloud Activities for Kids with FREE Printable Worksheets
- Cold Front Weather Science Experiments for Kids
- Water Cycle in a Bag Weather Activity with free printable worksheet
- Amazing Rising Water with burning candle Air Pressure Experiment
- Free Printable Water Cycle for Kids Flip Book
- Lots of fun ideas for a weather theme this week
- Grow a Rainbow Activity for Kids
- Clever Rain Craft for kids to make
- Hibernation preschool activities learning about weather
- Severe Storms for Kids – includes tornado in a bottle, what to do in an emergency, and storm worksheets for kids
- 2 Hands-on Water Cycle Activities for Kids
- Large Printable Weather Unit for kids
- Free Printable Seasons Worksheets w/ Free 4 Season Printables
- Lots of weather printables to help kids learn about weather terms while epracticing math and literacy skills
- Clouds for Kids Mini Book
Life Cycle Printables
Looking for more free printables to help you learn about life cycles ? You will love these resources:
- 🐜 Ant life cycle for kids printable activity
- 🍎 Apple life cycle printable plus worksheets for working on early literacy and math too
- Spin and learn with this apple life cycle printable
- 🦇 Life cycle of a bat worksheets or these bat life cycle worksheets
- 🐝 life cyle of a bee workshee ts
- 🦋 Hatching Butterflies with butterfly life cycle worksheet
- Learn math and literacy along with these butterfly life cycle worksheet free download
- Butterfly worksheets to learn science plus math and literacy skills or try these cute life cycle butterfly crafts
- 🐔 Life cycle of a chicken worksheet, printable, and activity
- 🌼 Lift-the-Flap Flower Life Cycle printable activity
- Learn about the Life Cycle of Frogs for kids and grab the life-cycle wheel
- 🐸 Life cycle of a frog worksheet
- Grab this spinner to learn about the frog life cycle for kids
- Insect life cycle printable book to read, color, and learn
- 🐞 Ladybug life cycle worksheet or use these pages with ladybug life cycle for kids
- 🐼 Panda life cycle worksheets or these panda worksheets
- 🐧 Penguin life cycle worksheet are the perfect addition to you winter theme!
- 🌿 Plant life cycle worksheet or this Plant Life Cycle Printable Lift-the-Flap
- Read, color, and learn with these plant life cycle worksheets
- Plant Life Cycles Printable Emergent Reader and Worksheets
- 🎃 Pumpkin life cycle worksheet pdf – lots of fun activities for learning about pumpkin life cycle
- Cut and Paste Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet
- 🐰 Life cycle of a Rabbit worksheet or themed math, literacy and science in these rabbit worksheets
- 🐟 Salmon Life Cycle Worksheet pack with not only life cycle of salmon, but math and literacy activities too
- Plus don’t miss our experiment breeding guppies to learn about life cycles up close!
- 🐢 Sea Turtle Worksheets to make a book to read, color, and learn about their life cycles
- 🕷 Spider life cycle worksheet is a fun way to learn about the life cycle of spiders with an insect theme or during Octoboer
- 🌻 Life cycle of a sunflower worksheet – fun sunflower life cycle printables
- 🦃 Turkey life cycle – is fun to learn about around Thanksgiving
- 🍉 Watermelon Life Cycle Printable Spinner
- Worm Life Cycle worksheets and activity
- 💧 Free Water Cycle Worksheets for Kids
Science for Kids
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- Quick and EASY Lemon Volcano – a fun twist on classic volcano science project using acidity of lemon instead of vinegar as the acid
- 100 Amazing Food science experiments for kids – arranged by type of science
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water)
- EASY Magnetic Field Sensory Bottle that will WOW your kids!
- Leak Proof Bag – Amazing Science Experiment with Everyday Materials
- Exploring with Magnet Experiments for Kids
- Amaze kids with these 12 Hands on Science experiments with batteries
- 24 Epic Solar system science project s to try this week
- Fun Water balloon science experiment that explores density
- Amazing, heat-sensitive color changing slime
- 50 Fun Preschool science experiments the whole family will want to try
- Simple Galaxy science project
- Easy and Fun Dancing Raisins Experiment
- Learn about weather as you find how to make a weather vane
- Eye opening Eye science experiments
- Easy-to- make Air pressure science project
- Amazing POP rocks science experiment is one of our all-time favorite science experiments we like to do during the summer are
- Stunning Chromatography Flowers are so pretty you’ll forget it was as science project!
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- 30 Simple machines science project s kids will want to try
- Easy, fascinating, and colorful project answering Why do Leaves Change Color Experiment
- Free Printable Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- 19 Edible science experiments – which delicious project will you try first?
- HUGE Free Solar System Unit (coloring pages, hands on science projects, worksheets, and more!)
- Pipe Cleaner Constellation Activity (As seen on Good Housekeeping!)
- Teach kids about conductivity with this fun squishy circuits projects
- Amazing, Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime
- Life Cycles for Kids (from penguin to sunflower and spider to turkey we have LOTS of life cycles to explore and learn about)
- EASY, Colorful Oil and Water Science Experiment
- Kids will be amazed as you change colors of white flowers with this Dying Flowers Science Experiment
- This super cool Lego Zipline is fun and simple to make
- Human Body Project
- Check out this super cool look INSIDE a Volcano Project
- Exploding Watermelon – science experiment that explores potential and kinetic energy with a big WOW moment!
- Memorable Life Size Skeletal system science project – includes free printable template
- Mind-Blowing Magnetic Slime for Kids
- 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, BLAST OFF! Rocket Baking Soda and Vinegar Experiment
- Find LOTS more Easy Science Experiments for kids of all ages!
Water Cycle Printable
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
You may also like
FREE Printable Ice Cream Coloring Pages for Summer
Valentines Day Math – Prime Numbers for Kids...
The Revenge of Ishtar – Mesopotamia History Unit
Christmas Tracing Sheets
FREE Printable Frog Math Worksheets (2nd-4th grade)
FREE Printable Winter Skip Counting Puzzles Math...
FREE Printable Animal Habitat Game – Exploring Biomes...
FUN Sidewalk Chalk Word Families Activities for...
About the author.
Beth Gorden is the creative multi-tasking creator of 123 Homeschool 4 Me. As a busy homeschooling mother of six, she strives to create hands-on learning activities and worksheets that kids will love to make learning FUN! She has created over 1 million pages of printables to help teach kids ABCs, science, English grammar, history, math, and so much more! Beth is also the creator of 2 additional sites with even more educational activities and FREE printables - www.kindergartenworksheetsandgames.com and www.preschoolplayandlearn.com
Hi Beth, I’m from Qld Australia and have just started home-schooling my children. This website is a life saver and I appricoate every single bit of it. Thank you so much for taking the time to create these free resources for other families. It truely helps! Jess 🙂
Leave a Comment X
- All Worksheets
- Social Studies
- Coloring Pages
- Worksheet Generator
- Common Core
- All Lesson Plans
- All Workbooks
- All Exercises
- All Project Ideas
- Physical Science
- Earth and Space Science
- Life Science
- Applied Science
- Behavioral/Health Science
- Reading & Writing
- Common Core Resources
- Guided Lessons
- Weekly Boost
- School Licenses
Search Printable 4th Grade Physical Science Worksheets
- clear all filters
- 4th grade
- Fine arts
- Foreign language
- Reading & Writing
- Physical Science
- Life Science
- Earth & Space Science
- Engineering & Science Practices
- Social emotional
- Social studies
- Arts & crafts
- Offline games
- Common Core
Fourth grade science
IXL offers more than 100 fourth grade science skills to explore and learn! Not sure where to start? Go to your personalized Recommendations wall to find a skill that looks interesting, or select a skill plan that aligns to your textbook, state standards, or standardized test.
- 1 Compare properties of objects
- 2 Compare properties of materials
B. Matter and mass
- 1 Calculate density
- 2 Understand conservation of matter using graphs
C. States of matter
- 1 Identify and sort solids, liquids, and gases
- 2 Change-of-state diagrams: solid, liquid, and gas
- 3 Heating, cooling, and changes of state
D. Heat and thermal energy
- 1 Predict heat flow
- 2 Predict temperature changes
- 3 How is temperature related to thermal energy?
E. Physical and chemical change
- 1 Identify physical and chemical changes
- 2 Compare physical and chemical changes
- 1 Identify mixtures
G. Force and motion
- 1 Identify directions of forces
- 2 How do balanced and unbalanced forces affect motion?
- 3 How does mass affect force and acceleration?
- 4 Compare amplitudes and wavelengths of waves
H. Electricity and magnets
- 1 Introduction to static electricity and charged objects
- 2 Identify magnets that attract or repel
- 3 Label magnets that attract or repel
- 4 Compare strengths of magnetic forces
I. Energy transformation
- 1 Energy transformation
- 1 Identify living and nonliving things
- 2 Identify mammals, birds, fish, reptiles, and amphibians
- 3 Identify vertebrates and invertebrates
- 4 Use evidence to classify mammals, birds, fish, reptiles, and amphibians
- 5 Use evidence to classify animals
- 6 Describe, classify, and compare kingdoms
K. Scientific names
- 1 Identify common and scientific names
- 2 Origins of scientific names
- 3 Use scientific names to classify organisms
- 1 Read and construct animal life cycle diagrams
- 2 Compare animal life cycles
- 3 Human organs and their functions
- 4 Body systems: circulation and respiration
- 5 Body systems: digestion
- 6 Body systems: removing waste
- 7 Body systems: perception and motion
- 1 Classify fruits and vegetables as plant parts
- 2 Identify plant parts and their functions
- 3 How do plants make food?
- 4 Identify flower parts and their functions
- 5 Describe and construct flowering plant life cycles
- 6 Describe and construct conifer life cycles
- 1 Introduction to adaptations
- 2 Animal adaptations: beaks, mouths, and necks
- 3 Animal adaptations: feet and limbs
- 4 Animal adaptations: skins and body coverings
O. Traits and heredity
- 1 What affects traits? Use observations to support a hypothesis
- 2 Match offspring to parents using inherited traits
- 3 Identify inherited and acquired traits
- 4 Inherited and acquired traits: use evidence to support a statement
- 5 Read a plant pedigree chart
- 6 Read an animal pedigree chart
- 1 Identify functions of plant cell parts
- 2 Identify functions of animal cell parts
- 3 Plant cell diagrams: identify parts
- 4 Animal cell diagrams: identify parts
- 5 Plant cell diagrams: label parts
- 6 Animal cell diagrams: label parts
- 7 Compare plant and animal cells
- 8 Cell part functions: true or false
- 1 Identify ecosystems
- 2 Describe ecosystems
- 3 Identify roles in food chains
- 4 How does matter move in food chains?
- 5 Interpret food webs
R. Natural resources
- 1 Evaluate natural energy sources
S. Rocks and minerals
- 1 Changes to Earth's surface: erosion
- 2 Identify minerals using properties
- 3 Identify rocks using properties
- 4 How do sedimentary rocks form?
- 5 Classify rocks as igneous, sedimentary, or metamorphic
- 6 How do rock layers form?
- 1 Introduction to fossils
- 2 Identify and classify fossils
- 3 Compare fossils to modern organisms
- 4 Compare ancient and modern organisms: use observations to support a hypothesis
- 5 Interpret evidence from fossils in rock layers
U. Weather and climate
- 1 Read a thermometer
- 2 Compare temperatures on thermometers
- 3 Collect and graph temperature data
- 4 What's the difference between weather and climate?
- 5 Weather and climate around the world
- 6 Weather or climate? Cite text
- 7 Use climate data to make predictions
- 8 Use data to describe climates
V. Earth's features
- 1 Identify Earth's land features using photographs
- 2 Identify Earth's land features using satellite images
- 3 Describe and graph water on Earth
- 4 Read a topographic map
- 5 Select parts of a topographic map
- 2 Earth’s rotation and orbit
- • New! Day and night
- • New! Brightness of the Sun and other stars
- 3 Identify phases of the Moon
- • New! Identify constellations
X. Engineering practices
- 1 Evaluate multiple design solutions to prevent flooding
- 2 Identify the best design solution to prevent hurricane damage
Y. Units and measurement
- 1 Choose customary units of distance
- 2 Choose metric units of distance
- 3 Choose customary units of mass
- 4 Choose metric units of mass
- 5 Choose customary units of volume
- 6 Choose metric units of volume
- 7 Abbreviate time and length units
- 8 Abbreviate mass and volume units
Z. Earth events
- • New! Changes to Earth's surface: earthquakes
- • New! Changes to Earth's surface: volcanic eruptions
- Arts & Music
- English Language Arts
- World Language
- Social Studies - History
- Holidays / Seasonal
- Independent Work Packet
- Easel by TPT
- Google Apps
Interactive resources you can assign in your digital classroom from TPT.
Unlock access to 4 million resources — at no cost to you — with a school-funded subscription..
free worksheet inherited traits
Resource types, all resource types, results for free worksheet inherited traits.
- Price (Ascending)
- Most Recent
Inherited Traits and Learned Behaviors
Inherited vs. Learned Traits Reading Passage | Printable & Digital
Also included in: Grade 3 Science NGSS Reading Passages | Printable & Digital
Science Word Search: Seeds and Plants
Also included in: Science Word Search: Plant Unit
Regents Biology CRSE - Genetics Unit - Intro/Inherited Human Traits
Genetic Inheritance - Build Your Dragon
Also included in: Biology Bundle of Lessons Activities and Labs
Genetics Homework - NC Essential Science Standards 5.L.3
Also included in: Genetics Bundle - NC Essential Science Standards 5.L.3
Genetics App Webquest with Answer Key
- Word Document File
Science Word Search: Animal Facts
Also included in: Science Word Search: Animal Unit 16 in 1 Bundle
5th Grade Life Science Grids - 3rd Quarter Homework Pack...
Traits Case Study - Flamingos - Reading Comprehension (A-Z Biology) FREE!!
Animal Observations - Webcam Observation Sheets
TPT empowers educators to teach at their best.
- We're Hiring
- Help & FAQ
- Terms of Service
- Trademark & Copyright
Keep in Touch!
Are you getting the free resources, updates, and special offers we send out every week in our teacher newsletter?
8th grade science worksheets
Have not found what you want? Why don’t create your own?
8th grade science crosswords
Wanna more? Let's make your own worksheets
Worksheets You May Like
Play these Games Now
- Skip to content
- Jump to main navigation and login
- Jump to additional information
Nav view search
- You are here:
2nd Grade Science Worksheets
Find a large collection of free science worksheets for 2nd grade here at JumpStart and help your kids sail through second grade science curriculum without batting an eyelid.
Free Printable Science Worksheets for Second Grade
Seven to eight year old second graders are at an age where the appetite for discovering the world around is at its very peak. Science plays an integral role in whetting that appetite. Not only does it encourage kids to understand the way things function but also allows much room for fun. JumpStart’s second grade science worksheets are an introduction to the exciting world of science and the various experiments and investigations involved. These free and printable 2nd grade science worksheets will give kids enough scope to practice their concepts till they are confident about them.
Help your kids get familiar with second grade science facts and concepts like water cycle, seasons, living beings, planets, electricity, and more. The free 2nd grade science worksheets and printables available at JumpStart will give kids a thorough introduction to these concepts. With fun exercises and activities available, second grade science will soon become one joyride!
- 1st Grade Activities
- 2nd Grade Activities
- 3rd Grade Activities
- Activities for Three Year Olds
- Activities for Four Year Olds
- Activities for Five Year Olds
- Activities for Six Year Olds
- Activities for Seven Year Olds
- Activities for Eight Year Olds
- Activities for Nine Year Olds
- Art Activities
- Craft Activities for Kids
- Grade Based Activities
- Holiday Activities
- Kids Activities
- Kindergarten Activities
- Preschool Activities Online
- School Activities
- Science Activities
- Seasonal Activities
- Family Activities
- Reading Activities
- School of Dragons
- Adventure Games
- Educational Games
- English Games
- Learning Games
- Math Games Online
- Online Games
- Online Virtual Games
- Preschool Games Online
- Reading Games Online
- Online Science Games
- Math Games For Kids
- Free Math Games For Preschoolers
- Kindergarten Math Games
- 1st Grade Math Games
- 2nd Grade Math Games
- 3rd Grade Math Games
- 4th Grade Math Games
- 5th Grade Math Games
- 6th Grade Math Games
- Addition Games
- Subtraction Games
- Multiplication Games
- Division Games
- virtual worlds for kids
- Coloring Worksheets
- English Worksheets
- Grade Based Worksheets
- Math Worksheets
- Reading Worksheets
- Science Worksheets
- Free Math worksheets
- Kindergarten Math worksheets
- Addition Work Sheets
- Subtraction worksheets
- Multiplication Worksheets
- Division Worksheets
- Place Value Worksheets
- 1st Grade Math Worksheets
- 2nd Grade Math Worksheets
- 3rd Grade Math Worksheets
- 4th Grade Math Worksheets
- 5th Grade Math Worksheets
- 6th Grade Math Worksheets
- 7th Grade Math Worksheets
- Colour Lesson Plans
- Reading Lesson Plans
- Grade Based Lesson Plans
- Math Lesson Plans For Kids
- English Lesson Plans
- Science Lesson Plans
- Reading Resources
- Kids Resources
- Art Resources
- Math Resources
- Science Resources
- School Resources
- Holiday Resources
- Teacher Resources
- Grade Based Resources
- Assessment Tool
- Math Curriculum
- Science Curriculum
- Reading Curriculum
- English Curriculum
- Grade Based Curriculum
- Math Practice
- Math Activities
- Math Lesson Plans
- Mental Math
- Math Skills
- Math Puzzles
- Jigsaw Puzzles
- Math Problems
- Addition Problems
- Subtraction Problems
- Multiplication Problems
- Division Problems
Request a Demo
Problems downloading? Click here to download worksheet.
Forgot your password?
(First name only)
Forgot your password? Please enter your email address below. We will reset your password and send you an email with your new password.
Forgot your log-in information?
Your account hasn't been activated yet. Please activate it through the gameplay permission email we sent you.
The email has been sent to you.
Equivalent Fractions 3rd Grade Resources, Worksheets and Activities
February 28, 2023 by Anthony Persico
5 Free Equivalent Fractions 3rd Grade Resources
The best equivalent fractions for 3rd graders resources includes worksheets, activities, and games.
Equivalent fractions for 3rd graders: This guide shares several free activities and worksheets for exploring equivalent fractions.
One of the trickiest topics for 3rd graders to grasp is the concept of equivalent fractions.
To be successful, students need both a procedural understanding of working with equivalent fractions as well as a deep conceptual understanding that will allow them to apply their understanding to more challenging topics involving fractions.
The free Equivalent Fractions 3rd Grade Resources shared in this post will help you to give your students opportunities to develop both procedural fluency and conceptual understanding of equivalent fractions.
Below, you will find links to access 5 equivalent fractions for 3rd graders activities (including equivalent fractions worksheets with answer keys). You can pick-and-choose which resources you want to use to supplement your lesson plans or you can utilize all 5 equivalent fractions for 3rd graders activities in chronological order over the course of several consecutive lessons to form a complete unit on equivalent fractions.
This post includes a link to download 3 Equivalent Fractions Worksheet 3rd Grade Versions with answer kets.
You can use any of the links below to jump to a specific equivalent fractions for 3rd graders worksheet, or you can scroll through the entire post to access all of the free resources.
Using Fraction Strips to Explore and Understand Equivalent Fractions (Conceptual)
Equivalent Fractions Explained - Step-by-Step Guide for Students (Procedural)
Exploring Equivalent Fractions Using Legos (Conceptual and Procedural)
Using Fraction Circles to Solve Equivalent Fractions (Conceptual and Procedural)
Equivalent Fractions Worksheet 3rd Grade Level (Procedural/Review) - x3
Again, we recommend starting with a conceptual exploration of the topic before you teach procedure. Then, you can utilize activities that combine both skills before finishing with practice or review activities that assess how well your students understand equivalent fractions.
Do you want more free 3rd Grade math resources in your inbox every week? Click here to sign up for our math education email newsletter
Equivalent Fractions 3rd Grade Resources
1.) fraction strips.
When first introducing your 3rd grades to the concept of fractions and equivalent fractions, we recommend giving them an opportunity to conceptually explore the topic before introducing them to any procedure (such as finding common denominators).
This way, students can develop a visual understanding of the concept that they can utilize later on when procedure comes into play.
One of the best hands-on activities for exploring fractions is the use of Fraction Strips —rectangular sheet of colored paper that represent fractions (although fraction strips can also be digital or made out of plastic).
Equivalent Fraction Games for 3rd Grade: Fraction Strips are a fun way to visually explore the concept of equivalent fractions before learning/memorizing procedures.
For example, the image above shows how a 3rd grade student could use fraction strips to visualize why 4/8, 2.4, and 1/2 are all equivalent fractions before ever learning any procedure.
You can learn more about using fraction strips in your classroom by accessing our Free Guide to Fraction Strips , which will show you how to have students make their own fraction strips by hand in addition to a printable fraction strip activity and virtual fraction strip resources.
2.) Equivalent Fractions Explained - Free Student Guide
After 3rd graders have developed an initial conceptual understanding of equivalent fractions are, they are ready to learn the procedure of determining whether or not two given fractions are equivalent.
Our free step-by-step guide to equivalent fractions builds upon and extends your students’ understanding of equivalent fractions to include procedure. As a teacher, you can use this free guide and included examples and visual aides to structure your equivalent fractions 3rd grade lesson.
Our free equivalent fractions 3rd grade guide combines procedural skills with visual representations.
The free guide is also an excellent resource for students who have missed class time or need an in-depth review of equivalent fractions.
3.) Solving Equivalent Fractions Using Legos
After students have begun to build conceptual understanding and procedural fluency, the next step can be participating in activities that combine both skills. Our next equivalent fractions for 3rd graders resource is a suggestion to use Legos as a hands-on tool and visual aide for exploring and solving equivalent fractions.
The image below shows how you can use lego bricks to represent one whole and the fractions 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, and 3/4. Using legos, students have a side-by-side visual aid that corresponds with their mathematical work.
Equivalent Fraction Games for 3rd Grade: Legos are a great hands-on tool and visual aide for exploring equivalent fractions.
For example, like Fraction Strips , 3rd grade students can use legos to visualize why 4/8 and 2/4 are equivalent fractions and why they both can be simplified down to 1/2. This simple yet powerful hands-on activity will help your 3rd grade students to develop both conceptual understanding and procedural fluency.
Example of using Legos to model an equivalent fractions scenario.
4.) Solving Equivalent Fractions Using Fraction Circles
Yet another effective equivalent fractions 3rd grade activity that helps students to develop both conceptual understanding and procedural fluency is the use of fraction circles as a visual aide for solving problems.
Circle diagrams are also commonly used to represent fractions, so it is important for 3rd graders to gain experience working with them.
For example, the image below shows how your 3rd grade students could use fraction circles to determine that 6/10 and 3/5 are equivalent fractions, and that 3/4 and 6/9 are not equivalent fractions.
Fraction Circles can be used to help students with determining whether two given fractions are equivalent or not.
If you are looking for an awesome (and free) virtual resource for using fraction circles, we recommend the fraction circle’s feature on Mathigon’s Polypad app .
Mathigon’s Polypad app is a great free virtual resource for exploring equivalent fractions 3rd grade.
5.) Equivalent Fractions Worksheets 3rd Grade
Finally, once your students have had plenty of experience exploring equivalent fractions and gaining strong conceptual understanding and procedural fluency, they are ready to apply their skills to solving problems that resemble what they will likely see on assessments and exams.
You can use the links below to download 3 different Equivalent Fractions Worksheets 3rd Grade PDF files with complete answer keys. All three worksheets are samples from the 3rd Grade Worksheet Libraries available on our membership website.
Equivalent Fractions Worksheet 3rd Grade Preview
▶ Equivalent Fractions Worksheet 3rd Grade: Coloring in Equivalent Fractions
▶ Equivalent Fractions Worksheet 3rd Grade: Equivalent Fraction Statements: True or False?
▶ Equivalent Fractions Worksheet 3rd Grade: Fill in the Missing Values to Make the Fractions Equivalent
4th Grade Science Worksheets 90 4th Grade Science Worksheets A question of life or death See what living things can do! In this science worksheet, your child connects pictures of the activities of living things to the words they represent. A whale of a story How fast does sound travel in water?
4th grade Science Sort by All About Plastic Worksheet Food Math Worksheet Layers of the Earth Worksheet What is Solar Energy Worksheet All About the Rock Cycle Worksheet Food Chain Pyramid Worksheet How Muscles Work Worksheet Fossils and Extinct Animals Crossword Puzzle Worksheet What Is the Water Cycle? Worksheet
Science Worksheets and Study Guides Fourth Grade Earth & Space Earth - Inside and Out i Worksheets: 5 Study Guides: 1 Vocabulary: 9 Earth's Waters i Worksheets: 3 Study Guides: 1 Vocabulary: 2 Fossils and extinct animals i Worksheets: 3 Study Guides: 1 Vocabulary: 4 Our Solar system and beyond i Worksheets: 3 Study Guides: 1 Vocabulary: 3
4th Grade Free Science worksheets, Games and Quizzes Home > Science > Science topics for Fourth grade Fourth Grade Science Science Reading Comprehension Topics Materials Magnetism Quiz Properties of Stainless Steel Quiz States of Matter Solids, Liquids, and Gases Reading Comprehension States of Matter Quiz Matter Properties Quiz Matter
Our free science worksheets currently cover kindergarten through grade 3 science topics in the life sciences, earth sciences and physical sciences. Topics include plants, animals, our bodies, food & nutrition, weather and seasons, energy, properties of heat, light and sound, forces and motion and materials.
4th Grade Science Worksheets The 4th grade curriculum covers a very broad range of topics. We scratch the surface of biology, but spend a lot more time on the physical sciences. Atmospheric Pressure & Light - The deeper you go, the more stuff on top of you; as my old chemistry teacher would say.
Grade 4 science worksheets, PDF Printable Grade 4 science worksheets | 4th grade science worksheets, PDF Printable. Topics covered include: Ecosystems, cells, adaptations, rocks and minerals, scientific names, weather and date readings, states of matter, thermal and heat energy flows an more.
4th grade worksheets free earth and space; plants; the cycle of life; animals; electricity and magnetism; and motion and sound. ... Students also often learn about these topics in relation to their location and where they live. Free Printable 4th Grade Reading List Lots of 4th Grade Worksheets Learn to use Dictionary with Dictionary Detectives!
Science Worksheets Animal Groups Learn to classify animal (vertebrate) groups with these printable animal worksheets. Learn about mammals, reptiles, birds, fish, and amphibians. Animal Articles Read about your all of your favorite animal species. Cells Learn about plant and animal cells with these diagrams, worksheets, and activities. Dinosaurs
Fourth Grade Science Worksheets For Kids MomJunction has designed this set of science worksheets for grade 4, keeping in mind that studying should be fun too. There are several interactive worksheets in this set that will help your kid clear their doubts on several topics of physics, science, and geology.
Kids will enjoy learning more about the water cycle with these Water Cycle Worksheets. These water cycle printable pages include a water cycle diagram worksheet, pages to label, coloring pages, and more! Use these free science worksheets with kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th grade students.
Start for free now! Learning Library. ... Matter, water cycles, gravity, and many other concepts are explored through fourth grade physical science worksheets. These engaging printables are hand-curated by educators to include a perfect balance of learning and fun. Children are sure to enjoy fourth grade physical science worksheets in class or ...
Free Fourth Science Worksheets | TPT 4th Grade Science Worksheets Free 4,443 results Sort by: Rating View: List Sponsored #1 Science Curriculum Bundle | Physical, Earth, Space & Biology Life Science $99.99 $379.81 The Teacher Time Saver Human Anatomy & Physiology: Structure & Function Model, Diagrams, & Card Sorts $43.09 $47.88 AwesomeScience
IXL offers more than 100 fourth grade science skills to explore and learn! Not sure where to start? Go to your personalized Recommendations wall to find a skill that looks interesting, or select a skill plan that aligns to your textbook, state standards, or standardized test.. IXL offers more than 100 fourth grade science skills to explore and learn!
5.0. (2) $1.50. Word Document File. This assessment tests students on inherited/acquired traits, behavioral and physical traits, phenotypes, genotypes, and punnett squares. I left it in a microsoft word format so you are free to edit or change it! Students did fairly well on this! Subjects: Biology, General Science.
Free Printable Physics Worksheet Collection - Learn Physics. Physics is the branch of science that studies the structure of matter and how the universe's fundamental constituents interact. It investigates objects ranging from very small to the entire universe using quantum mechanics and general relativity.
Worksheet Zone allows you to take thousands of free interactive worksheets and to easily convert your exercises to worksheets. ... Make Interactive Worksheets. Blog. 8th grade science worksheets. Science for 3rd graders 5th grade science 6th grade science 7th grade science Fall cut and paste Find the difference Halloween tracing New year's eve ...
JumpStart's second grade science worksheets are an introduction to the exciting world of science and the various experiments and investigations involved. These free and printable 2nd grade science worksheets will give kids enough scope to practice their concepts till they are confident about them. Help your kids get familiar with second grade ...
Equivalent Fraction Games for 3rd Grade: Legos are a great hands-on tool and visual aide for exploring equivalent fractions. For example, like Fraction Strips, 3rd grade students can use legos to visualize why 4/8 and 2/4 are equivalent fractions and why they both can be simplified down to 1/2. This simple yet powerful hands-on activity will ...