- Degree Completion Plans
- Course Guides
- Supplemental Instruction
- IT Helpdesk
- Academic Departments
- Doctoral Degrees
- Criminal Justice
- Public Policy
- Strategic Leadership
- Worship Studies
- More Programs >
- Masters Degrees
- Applied Psychology
- Business Administration
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Executive Leadership
- Healthcare Administration
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Social Work
- Bachelor's Degrees
- Graphic Design
- Information Technology
- Paralegal Studies
- Sports Management
- Associate Degrees
- Christian Counseling
- Creative Writing
- Early Childhood Education
- Information Systems
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Medical Office Assistant
- STEM Mathematics
- Christian Ministry
- Data Networking
- Project Management
- Biblical Studies
- Educational Tech. & Online Instruction
- General Business
- Health Promotion
- Theological Studies
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Instructional Design
- Higher Ed. Administration
- Special Education
- New Programs
- Aviation (PhD)
- Business Administration (PhD)
- Christian Leadership (PhD)
- Doctor of Health Sciences (DHSc)
- Educational Studies (MA)
- Human Resource Management (MS)
- Humanitarian Action and Human Rights (MA)
- Interdisciplinary Research (BS)
- Law and Policy (Executive Certificate)
- Mental Health Studies (Graduate Certificate)
- Music Education (PhD)
- Paralegal Studies – E-Discovery (BS)
- Who Are We?
- Our Three A's
- Virtual Tour of Liberty's Campus
- What is a Nonprofit University?
- Why Choose Liberty?
- Top 10 Reasons to Choose Liberty University
- Video Testimonials
- Admission Information
- Getting Started With Liberty
- Admission Process
- Admission FAQs
- Academic Calendar
- Admission Resources
- Common Forms and Documents
- Technical Requirements
- Official Transcript Request Form
- Textbooks and Software
- Transferring to Liberty
- Transfer Students
- Experience Plus – Credit for Life Experience
- Transfer FAQs
- University Transcript Request Links
- Tuition Assistance
- First Responder Discount
- Military Tuition Discount
- Small Business Discount
- Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Corporate Tuition Affiliates
- Financial Basics
- Tuition & Fees
- Payment Plans
- Military Benefits
- Financial Check-In
- Financial Aid
- Financial Aid Process
- Financial Aid FAQs
- Grants & Loans
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Military Homepage
- Military Benefits Guide
- Discount on Tuition
- Doctoral Military Rate
- Veterans Benefits
- Academics and Programs
- Military Programs and Partnerships
- Military Benefits and Scholarships
- Community and Resources
- Top Used Links
- Upcoming Events
- Academic Advising
- Jerry Falwell Library
- Policies and Deadlines
- Liberty University Academic Calendar Online
- Academic Policies
- Information Technology (IT)
- Online Writing Center
- Honor Societies
- Student Advocate Office
- Flames Pass (Student ID)
- Online Student Life
- Office of Disability Accommodation Support
- Commonly Used Forms
Policy and Strategy in Global Competition – BUSI 690
CG • Section 8WK • 11/08/2019 to 04/16/2020 • Modified 12/12/2022
This capstone course integrates the concepts, techniques, and knowledge of all areas of business administration. This course may not be substituted for or transferred in from another institution. This course is the capstone course and must be taken in the final term of enrollment.
For information regarding prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog .
There is a need for a “capstone experience” in the MBA program that requires multi-disciplinary knowledge and skills including: overall strategy, marketing, operations management, human resource development, finance, accounting, economics, asset management as well as behavioral and ethical elements.
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Syllabus and Student Expectations , the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
Read & Interact Textbook Assignments (12)
Using the Thompson text, the student must read the chapter and complete the Connect LearnSmart assignments designed to deepen student understanding of the topics covered in each chapter.
Homework Assignments (12)
Using the Thompson text, the student must complete a series of experiential exercises. The student must apply text material to a real organizational situation and answer the multiple choice and short essay questions. These exercises must be completed through the Connect provided in the assigned modules.
The quiz is used as a measurement and analysis tool of classroom learning as required by the ACBSP national accreditation standards. ACBSP accreditation requires classroom learning to be measured and analyzed. That means LU must measure and report learning progress to ACBSP three times throughout your degree program: at the beginning, the middle, and the end.
For each assessment, your score will be compared with the scores of students from 15 other ACBSP accredited schools. Thus, we need you to take this assessment very seriously and for you to do your best in each assessment, as a result points are awarded based on your score on the exam.
The points earned will be awarded based on the following exam score scale:
Using the case assigned from the Thompson text, the student must complete an in-depth case analysis, divided into three sections. The student will utilize the entire strategic management process. Students will submit the narrative including references and appendices using Word and Excel.
Using the case assigned in Case Study: Matrices Assignment, the student will complete the in depth analysis to include historical financial statements for a minimum of three years, financial ratios, and the firms main competitors ratios.
A descriptive analysis of the suggested corporate strategy based on financial position should be included. The items will be submitted using a Word document for the narrative and an Excel document for all financial information.
Integration of Faith Assignment
The student will write an essay that is a minimum of 500 words in current APA format, explaining how his/her Christian worldview or biblical financial principles will impact the policy and strategy theory created in the individual case study, within a business world context.
Using the case assigned, the student will complete the in depth analysis to include projected financial statements for a minimum of three years, NPV calculations of the strategy chosen, and descriptive analysis of the strategic choice and alternative choices.
Each case study is an in-depth case analysis requiring each individual to utilize the entire strategic management process. The items from Parts One and Two should be combined in this final compilation.
NOTE: The narrative must be at least 15 pages of text. The last section of the narrative should fully discuss the proposed strategy, rationale for choosing the strategy and discuss how the proposed strategy initiative will increase cash flows. Any feedback from Parts One, and Two should be corrected before submission.
The student will complete 1 quiz within the third party platform, Connect Plus. Each quiz will be open-book/open-notes and the grade will transfer to Canvas.
Estimate your Cost
Cost Per Credit Hour Per Semester for 7 to 15 Credits* Per Semester for 9 to 15 Credits* i Visit the Tuition and Financing page for more information.
Additional program fees may apply. See program page for details.
Disclaimer: This calculator is a tool that provides a rough estimate of the total cost of tuition, and should not be relied upon to determine overall costs, as pricing may vary by program and tuition/fees are subject to change. Estimates are not final or binding, and do not include potential financial aid eligibility.
Your Cost Estimate:
View All Tuition & Fees Go Back
For eligibility requirements for military discounts at the doctoral level, please review the online benefits page .
Learn More About Liberty University Online
By submitting contact information through this form, I agree that Liberty University and its affiliates may call and/or text me about its offerings by any phone number I have provided and may provide in the future, including any wireless number, using automated technology.
You have to have a lot of self-motivation and self-discipline when you are going to school online, but the amazing thing is at Liberty you do not need to do it by yourself. You really do have resources like someone who is going to school on campus.
– Janae Fleming ’15, B.S. in Education
Busi 690 Case Study Matrices Assignment Historical Financial Analysis Amazon
by Better Grades
BUSI 690 Case Study: Historical Financial Analysis Assignment Instructions Overview Complete a case study of ABC Corporation. You will find the case in the case section of the text. A formal, in-depth case study analysis requires you to utilize the entire... More
BUSI 690 Case Study: Historical Financial Analysis Assignment Instructions Overview Complete a case study of ABC Corporation. You will find the case in the case section of the text. A formal, in-depth case study analysis requires you to utilize the entire strategic management process. Assume you are a consult asked by the ABC Corporation to analyze its external/internal environment and make strategic recommendations. You must include exhibits to support your analysis and recommendations. Instructions The completed case study must include these components, with portions to be submitted over several modules as the Case Study: Matrices Assignment, the Case Study: Historical Financial Analysis Assignment.· Cover page (must include the company name, your name, the date of submission, and a references page; the document must follow current APA guidelines) · A total of 12 – 15 pages (for all three parts, combined) of narrative text, this does not include the financial statements, reference pa Less
- Related publications
- Add to favorites
Provide details on what you need help with along with a budget and time limit. Questions are posted anonymously and can be made 100% private.
Studypool matches you to the best tutor to help you with your question. Our tutors are highly qualified and vetted.
Your matched tutor provides personalized help according to your question details. Payment is made only after you have completed your 1-on-1 session and are satisfied with your session.
BUSI 690 Liberty Macy Inc Financial statements Case Analysis & Excel Sheet
Unformatted attachment preview.
Explanation & Answer
View attached explanation and answer. Let me know if you have any questions. To edit this sheet, log into your Google Drive, then go to File > Make a Copy... This works with Fortune 100 companies without additio Exploring Financial Ratios Main Company Ticker Most Recent Year Period Round...
24/7 Homework Help
Stuck on a homework question? Our verified tutors can answer all questions, from basic math to advanced rocket science !
dynamic performance obstacles annotated bibliography REITs food preparation case study managamenet management management theory Individual assessment tools ESCI
The Good Earth
by Pearl S. Buck
by Suzanne Collins
Underground A Human History of the Worlds Beneath our Feet
by Will Hunt
The Glass Palace
by Amitav Ghosh
Breakfast at Tiffanys
by Truman Capote
The Secret Life of Bees
by Sue Monk Kidd
50 Shades of Grey
by E. L. James
by Emily Brontë
working on a homework question?
Studypool is powered by Microtutoring TM
Copyright © 2023. Studypool Inc.
Studypool is not sponsored or endorsed by any college or university.
Access over 20 million homework documents through the notebank
Get on-demand Q&A homework help from verified tutors
Read 1000s of rich book guides covering popular titles
Sign up with Google
Sign up with Facebook
Already have an account? Login
Login with Google
Login with Facebook
Don't have an account? Sign Up
- Written for
- Document information
- Related courses
- LIBERTY BUSI 690 CASE STUDY 1 COSTCO
[solved] liberty busi 690 case study 1 costco.
LIBERTY BUSI 690 CASE STUDY 1 COSTCO LIBERTY BUSI690 CASE STUDY 1 COSTCO
Preview 3 out of 19 pages
- Report Copyright Violation
Preview 3 out of 19 pages
By: solutions • 1 year ago
By: ikramoo • 2 year ago
GOt A+ Grade. Thank you
The benefits of buying summaries with Stuvia:
Guaranteed quality through customer reviews
Stuvia customers have reviewed more than 700,000 summaries. This how you know that you are buying the best documents.
Quick and easy check-out
You can quickly pay through credit card or Stuvia-credit for the summaries. There is no membership needed.
Focus on what matters
Your fellow students write the study notes themselves, which is why the documents are always reliable and up-to-date. This ensures you quickly get to the core!
Frequently asked questions
What do i get when i buy this document.
You get a PDF, available immediately after your purchase. The purchased document is accessible anytime, anywhere and indefinitely through your profile.
Money-back guarantee: how does it work?
You can get your money back within 14 days without reason. You fill in a form and our customer service team will take care of the rest.
Who am I buying this summary from?
Stuvia is a marketplace, so you are not buying this document from us, but from seller solutions. Stuvia facilitates payment to the seller.
Will I be stuck with a subscription?
No, you only buy this summary for $16.49. You're not tied to anything after your purchase.
Can Stuvia be trusted?
4.6 stars on Google & Trustpilot (+1000 reviews)
74737 documents were sold in the last 30 days
Founded in 2010, the go-to place to buy summaries for 13 years now
Individual Case Assignment - Part I and II ( 48 Hours - High Quality)
Individual Case Study Part 2 Instructions
Complete the case study started in Week 5 of ABC Corporation.
A formal, in-depth case study analysis requires you to utilize the entire strategic management process. Assume your group is a consulting team asked by the ABC Corporation to analyze its external/internal environment and make strategic recommendations. You must include exhibits to support your analysis and recommendations.
The case study must include these components:
· A total of 10–12 pages of text plus the exhibits
· Cover page (must include the company name, your group name, the date of submission, and a references page; the document must follow current APA guidelines)
· Matrices, which must be exhibits/attachments in the appendix and not part of the body of the analysis (The Strategy Club has excellent templates/examples for exhibits and matrices: http://strategyclub.com/free-student-template/ )
Case study deliverables (text must follow this order with current APA level headings for each component):
Note: Items 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, and 9 are Part 1 of the Individual Case Study, reuse them in this section to complete the case study.
1. Executive Summary
2. Existing mission, objectives, and strategies – From Part 1
3. A new mission statement (include the number of the component in parenthesis before addressing that component) – From Part 1 Great mission statements address these 9 components:
· Customers: Who are the firm’s customers?
· Products or services: What are the firm’s major products or services?
· Markets: Geographically, where does the firm compete?
· Technology: Is the firm technologically current?
· Concern for survival, growth, and profitability: Is the firm committed to growth and financial soundness?
· Philosophy: What are the basic beliefs, values, aspirations, and ethical priorities of the firm?
· Self-concept: What is the firm’s distinctive competence or major competitive advantage?
· Concern for public image: Is the firm responsive to social, community, and environmental concerns?
· Concern for employees: Are employees a valuable asset of the firm?
4. Analysis of the firm’s existing business model - From Part 1
5. SWOT Analysis - From Part 1 (comes from researching the firm, industry, and competitors) It is important to know the difference between causes and effects in the SWOT analysis. Causes are important, not effects. Once the SWOT Analysis is created, each group needs to construct the SWOT Bivariate Strategy Matrix. Deliverables for this section include:
a. SWOT Analysis
b. Internal Factor Evaluation (IFE) Matrix
c. External Factor Evaluation (EFE) Matrix
d. SWOT Bivariate Strategy Matrix
6. BCG Matrix (follow the Strategy Club’s template, not the textbook’s format)
7. Competitive forces, Competitive Profile Matrix (CPM), and competitor’s ratios Deliverables for this section include:
a. Competitive forces analysis
b. CPM and analysis
c. Competitor’s ratios and analyis
8. Historical Financial Statements - From Part 1 (Income Statement (I/S), Balance Sheet (B/S) and Statement of Cash Flows) from the 3 most current years for the firm The financial statements must include changes (deltas) between years.
9. Ratios from the most current and available 3 years with deltas and analysis - From Part 1
10. Alternative strategies (giving advantages and alternatives for each)
11. Pro-Forma Financial Statements (I/S, B/S and Statement of Cash Flows) with deltas out 3 years and analysis Each year must have 2 columns: 1 with your strategy and 1 without your strategy.
a. Include Pro-Forma ratios for the first year out with deltas contrasting from the most current year’s ratios.
12. Net Present Value analysis of proposed strategy’s new cash flow and EPS/EBIT analysis NOTE: To construct the first cash flow (cf1) at the very minimum, the new revenue from your strategy(s) must be discounted back to the present value by calculating EBIT and that figure will be your cfn for each year. cf0 (initial cost of your strategy), cf1 (discounted cash flow first year), r (opportunity cost of capital, the rate of the next best alternative use of cash/debt/equity resources).
13. Specific recommended strategy and long term objectives Explain why you chose the strategy, and discuss how much the strategy will cost to implement and how much new revenue your strategy will create. Include your action timetable agenda for accomplishing your strategy.
14. Proposed new business model
Place the results of the case study analysis in a single document and post it in the Submission Link for Module/Week 6.
Submit this assignment by 11:59 pm (ET) on Sunday of Module/Week 6.
Page 2 of 2
- Applied Sciences
- Architecture and Design
- Business & Finance
- Computer Science
- Environmental science
- Human Resource Management
- Information Systems
- Political Science
- Social Science
- Liberty University
- New Hampshire University
- Strayer University
- University Of Phoenix
- Walden University
- Homework Answers
- Arts & Humanities
Note: Course content may be changed, term to term, without
Add this document to collection(s)
You can add this document to your study collection(s)
Add this document to saved
You can add this document to your saved list
Suggest us how to improve StudyLib
(For complaints, use another form )
Input it if you want to receive answer
View LIBERTY BUSI 690 CASE STUDY COSTCO.docx from BUSI 690 at Liberty University. Running head: INDIVIDUAL CASE STUDY - COSTCO Individual Case Study
View BUSI 690 - Individual Case Study Part 1_Chipotle.docx from BUSI 690 at Liberty University. 1 Running head: INDIVIDUAL CASE STUDY PART 2: CHIPOTLE
Case Study 3 Busi 690 ... Running Head: Macy's Inc. Executive Summary This study investigates Macy's and its financial reporting to identify the strengths
Using the case assigned in Case Study: Matrices Assignment, the student will complete the in depth analysis to include historical financial
BUSI 690 Case Study: Historical Financial Analysis Assignment Instructions Overview Complete a case study of ABC Corporation. You will find the case in the
From the income statement the change in operating income between your with and without strategy should serve as your cash inflow for each year. BUSI 690. Case
BUSI 690 CASE STUDY: HISTORICAL FINANCIAL ANALYSIS ASSIGNMENT INSTRUCTIONS INSTRUCTIONS The completed case study must include these components
Guaranteed quality through customer reviews. Stuvia customers have reviewed more than 700,000 summaries. This how you know that you are
BUSI 690. Individual Case Study Part 2 Instructions. Complete the case study started in Week 5 of ABC Corporation. A formal, in-depth case study analysis
BUSI 690 Syllabus COURSE SYLLABUS BUSI 690 POLICY AND STRATEGY IN GLOBAL COMPETITION ... Each case study is an in-depth case analysis requiring each team to