Find the synonyms or antonyms of a word
Synonyms for assignment
Définition of assignment
- late 14c., "order, request, directive," from Old French assignement "(legal) assignment (of dower, etc.)," from Late Latin assignamentum , noun of action from Latin assignare (see assign). Meaning "appointment to office" is mid-15c.; that of "a task assigned" (to someone) is from c.1848.
- noun responsibility, task
- noun selecting or setting apart
- You've got your berth, you've got your money, you're going to get your passport, and you've got your assignment.
- Extract from : « Plotting in Pirate Seas » by Francis Rolt-Wheeler
- It was at noon of the third day he had been at work when John was given his first assignment.
- Extract from : « Spring Street » by James H. Richardson
- One of the detectives detailed to this assignment was Hyman Ginsburg.
- Extract from : « From Place to Place » by Irvin S. Cobb
- He had given me the assignment of putting antigrav units into production.
- Extract from : « Sense from Thought Divide » by Mark Irvin Clifton
- And it can show us that a nation's assignment of a mission to itself is not a sudden growth.
- Extract from : « Chosen Peoples » by Israel Zangwill
- This reversed the assignment, and the rear room became Miss Sanford's.
- Extract from : « Marion's Faith. » by Charles King
- Then, with quick change of subject, "But I haven't congratulated you on your assignment."
- Extract from : « Under Fire » by Charles King
- Your assignment, Mr. President, has been exciting and challenging.
- Extract from : « The Nation's River » by United States Department of the Interior
- The assignment of everyone to a definite post has raised the general spirit.
- Extract from : « Greener Than You Think » by Ward Moore
- A corporation may make an assignment just as may an individual.
- Extract from : « Up To Date Business » by Various
Antonyms for assignment
What is another word for assignment ?
Synonyms for assignment əˈsaɪn mənt as·sign·ment, this thesaurus page includes all potential synonyms, words with the same meaning and similar terms for the word assignment ., princeton's wordnet rate these synonyms: 0.0 / 0 votes.
assignment, duty assignment noun
a duty that you are assigned to perform (especially in the armed forces)
Synonyms: appointment , assigning , duty assignment , designation , grant , naming
the instrument by which a claim or right or interest or property is transferred from one person to another
assignment, assigning noun
the act of distributing something to designated places or persons
"the first task is the assignment of an address to each datum"
grant, assignment noun
(law) a transfer of property by deed of conveyance
Synonyms: duty assignment , appointment , subsidisation , assigning , designation , naming , grant , concession , subsidization
an undertaking that you have been assigned to do (as by an instructor)
appointment, assignment, designation, naming noun
the act of putting a person into a non-elective position
"the appointment had to be approved by the whole committee"
Synonyms: duty assignment , appellation , appointment , date , appellative , assigning , designation , appointee , identification , naming , grant , fitting , engagement , denomination
- Legal Document
- Transferred Property
Editors Contribution Rate these synonyms: 0.0 / 0 votes
duty, homework, job, responsibility, task, chore, schoolwork
1. a piece of work that needs to be done regularly 2. something assigned to be read or studied
1. his first newspaper assignment was writing obituaries 2. have you found essay writer to write an assignment for tomorrow?
pieces of work
because a assignment/task is an piece of work.
we need to finish our work: we need to finish our assignment.
Dictionary of English Synonymes Rate these synonyms: 0.0 / 0 votes
Synonyms: appointment , allotment , apportionment
Synonyms: ( Law. ) transfer , conveyance
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words Rate these synonyms: 0.0 / 0 votes
Synonyms: transfer , conveyance , apportionment , appointment , allotment , allocation , emplacement , determination specification , adducing
PPDB, the paraphrase database Rate these paraphrases: 0.0 / 0 votes
List of paraphrases for "assignment":
allocation , developmental , assignments , assigning , divestiture , transfer , cession , mapping , development , allocations , posting , mission , relinquishment , conveyance , stations , attribution , mappings , allotment , allocating , assign , surrender , placement , subpoena , task , earmarking , award , transfers , appointment , disposal , dispatch , postings
Song lyrics by assignment -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by assignment on the Lyrics.com website.
How to pronounce assignment?
How to say assignment in sign language, words popularity by usage frequency, how to use assignment in a sentence.
Lloyd Austin :
These include the ability of commanders to consider, as appropriate, the individual immunization status of personnel in making deployment, assignment, and other operational decisions, including when vaccination is required for travel to, or entry into, a foreign nation.
Merrick Garland :
We are, of course, under no illusions that our expressions of concern and assignment of law enforcement resources has solved this problem.
Tsuyoshi Tatebayashi :
If it can be helped, I don’t want to have to go on a solo assignment again.
Raneshwar Sing Kishan :
if you listen to all those people who have become the face of farmers protest and often give media bites, they have kept the main agenda on the back seat and travelling with luxuries and stressing everywhere on the importance of voting only. It seems through backdoor meeting they were given an assignment by Govt to convince people for voting only.
Education Services Ondrea Reed :
The opinion essay … was used an in-class assignment where the article was read together as a class, the teacher's purpose for introducing this essay was to introduce students to opinion writing while drawing correlations with 'The Watsons Go to Birmingham' as a secondary source to help support the context and events in the book.
Visual Synonyms of assignment
Translations for assignment, from our multilingual translation dictionary.
- مهمة Arabic
- предназначение, присвояване, назначение, задача, преотстъпване Bulgarian
- přiřazení Czech
- Aufgabe, Einsatz German
- tarea Spanish
- oikeuden luovutus, työtehtävä, toimeksianto Finnish
- affectation French
- 代入 Japanese
- opdracht, taak, toewijzen Dutch
- przypisanie Polish
- pauta Portuguese
- tilldelning, uppdrag Swedish
- வேலையை Tamil
- phân công Vietnamese
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
Style: MLA Chicago APA
"assignment." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Web. 24 May 2023. < https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/assignment >.
Discuss these assignment synonyms with the community:
We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe. If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly.
You need to be logged in to favorite .
Create a new account.
Your name: * Required
Your email address: * Required
Pick a user name: * Required
Username: * Required
Password: * Required
Forgot your password? Retrieve it
Are we missing a good synonym for assignment ?
Image credit, the web's largest resource for, synonyms & antonyms, a member of the stands4 network, browse synonyms.com, free, no signup required :, add to chrome, add to firefox, are you a human thesaurus, an antonym for the term "ductile".
- A. pliable
- B. intractable
- C. malleable
- D. fictile
Nearby & related entries:
Alternative searches for assignment :
- Search for assignment on Amazon
- Search for assignment on Google
Synonyms of 'assignment' in British English
Additional synonyms, synonyms of 'assignment' in american english, video: pronunciation of assignment.
Browse alphabetically assignment
- All ENGLISH synonyms that begin with 'A'
Quick word challenge
Score: 0 / 5
- Crossword Solver
assignment synonyms - English related words for assignment
En synonyms for assignment.
- 1 Meaning: entrustment commission sending authorizing assignment delegation
- 2 Meaning: task assignment job work chore consignment stint
- 3 Meaning: profession job assignment chore duty role task
- 4 Meaning: event exercise assignment drill reading recitation lesson
- 5 Meaning: shift change assignment movement traffic transfer
- 6 Meaning: deed task assignment chore duty role job
- 7 Meaning: position appointment assignment office beat round station post
- 8 Meaning: duty job responsibility homework task talk obligation charge assignment
- 9 Meaning: designation authorisation authorization nomination appointment naming fixing setting assignment
Words similar to assignment
Synonyms before and after assignment.
- Print this site
- Search google
- Search wikipedia
» assignment synonyms - English related words for assignment
assignment Definitions and Synonyms
Please hand in your completed assignments by October 30.
His first assignment as a reporter was to cover the local election .
Joe ’s still away on assignment for a Swiss newspaper .
The judge had to agree on the assignment of points for each part of the competition .
The assignment of any existing intellectual property rights to the company is hereby included .
American definition and synonyms of assignment from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
This is the American English definition of assignment . View British English definition of assignment .
Change your default dictionary to British English.
View the pronunciation for assignment .
Synonyms of the month.
- Rhymes with Reading-assignment
3. assignment, 4. assignment, 10. reading.
noun. ['əˈsaɪnmənt'] a duty that you are assigned to perform (especially in the armed forces).
- service abroad
- duty assignment
- shipboard duty
- fatigue duty
- assignement (Old French (842-ca. 1400))
Rhymes with Reading Assignment
noun. ['əˈsaɪnmənt'] the instrument by which a claim or right or interest or property is transferred from one person to another.
- official document
- legal instrument
noun. ['əˈsaɪnmənt'] the act of distributing something to designated places or persons.
- negative charge
- positive charge
noun. ['əˈsaɪnmənt'] an undertaking that you have been assigned to do (as by an instructor).
- written assignment
- school assignment
- writing assignment
noun. ['ˈriːdɪŋ, ˈrɛdɪŋ'] the cognitive process of understanding a written linguistic message.
- poring over
- linguistic process
- -ing (English)
- -ing (Middle English (1100-1500))
- read (English)
- rædan (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
noun. ['ˈriːdɪŋ, ˈrɛdɪŋ'] a particular interpretation or performance.
noun. ['ˈriːdɪŋ, ˈrɛdɪŋ'] a datum about some physical state that is presented to a user by a meter or similar instrument.
- meter reading
- miles per hour
noun. ['ˈriːdɪŋ, ˈrɛdɪŋ'] written material intended to be read.
- reading material
- black and white
- written language
noun. ['ˈriːdɪŋ, ˈrɛdɪŋ'] a mental representation of the meaning or significance of something.
- mental representation
- internal representation
noun. ['ˈriːdɪŋ, ˈrɛdɪŋ'] a public instance of reciting or repeating (from memory) something prepared in advance.
- oral presentation
- public speaking
Synonyms and analogies for "assignment" in English grouped by meanings. In the United States, there was usually random assignment. The assignment and supervision of their work was the task of the local treasurer
Find all the synonyms of the word assignment presented in a simple and clear manner. More than 70,800 synonyms available on synonyms-thesaurus.com
Another word for assignment: something that has been assigned, such as a task | Collins English Thesaurus
EN Synonyms for assignment. Found 57 synonyms in 9 groups. change assignment movement traffic transfer
The definition of assignment is: a duty that you are assigned to perform (especially in the armed... Follow TopQuark's pronunciations in this language
Define ASSIGNMENT (noun) in American English and get synonyms. What is ASSIGNMENT (noun)? ASSIGNMENT (noun) meaning, pronunciation and more by Macmillan Dictionary
Similar words for Reading Assignment. ['əˈsaɪnmənt'] a duty that you are assigned to perform (especially in the armed forces)