Algebra & Pre-Algebra
Daily Math Review
Division (Long Division)
Order of Operations
Word Problems (Daily)
More Math Worksheets
Reading Comprehension Gr. 1
Reading Comprehension Gr. 2
Reading Comprehension Gr. 3
Reading Comprehension Gr. 4
Reading Comprehension Gr. 5
Reading Comprehension Gr. 6
Reading & Writing
Cause & Effect
Fact & Opinion
Fix the Sentences
Synonyms & Antonyms
Writing Story Pictures
More ELA Worksheets
More Phonics Worksheets
Sight Word Units
Sight Words (Individual)
More Early Literacy
Subjects and Predicates
More Grammar Worksheets
Spelling Grade 1
Spelling Grade 2
Spelling Grade 3
Spelling Grade 4
Spelling Grade 5
More Spelling Worksheets
Magic Tree House #1
More Literacy Units
Animal (Vertebrate) Groups
Butterfly Life Cycle
Matter (Solid, Liquid, Gas)
Space - Solar System
More Science Worksheets
Maps (Map Skills)
More Social Studies
St. Patrick's Day
More Holiday Worksheets
Puzzles & Brain Teasers
Logic: Addition Squares
Mystery Graph Pictures
Lost in the USA
More Thinking Puzzles
More Teacher Helpers
Pre-K and Kindergarten
Numbers and Counting
Word Search Generator
Multiple Choice Generator
More Generator Tools
Full Website Index
Subtraction (No Regrouping)
The printable activities below were designed to help you teach simple subtraction without borrowing. (Regrouping is sometimes known as borrowing or renaming.)
Subtraction Worksheets (No Borrowing)
Logged in members can use the Super Teacher Worksheets filing cabinet to save their favorite worksheets.
Quickly access your most used files AND your custom generated worksheets!
Please login to your account or become a member and join our community today to utilize this helpful feature.
Math Games and Task Cards
Subtraction worksheet generator.
Use this generator to make your own, customized subtraction worksheets. Choose as many or as few digits as you desire. Select vertical or horizontal problems. Math worksheets contain randomly generated numbers.
Learn basic subtraction concepts with number lines and counters. This page also contains mystery pictures, flash cards, and more.
The subtraction problems on this page require students to rename, regroup, or borrow.
Navigate to any section of our site with subtraction worksheets. We have 2-digit, 3-digit, and 4-digit problems. There are also worksheets for subtracting money, fractions, and decimals.
Sample Worksheet Images
PDF with answer key:
PDF no answer key:
- Home |
- About |
- Contact Us |
- Privacy |
- Copyright |
- Shop |
- Search Site
- Halloween Color By Number
- Halloween Dot to Dot
- Kindergarten Halloween Sheets
- 1st Grade Halloween Sheets
- Puzzles & Challenges
- Christmas Worksheets
- Easter Color By Number Sheets
- Printable Easter Dot to Dot
- Easter Worksheets for kids
- All Generated Sheets
- Place Value Generated Sheets
- Addition Generated Sheets
- Subtraction Generated Sheets
- Multiplication Generated Sheets
- Division Generated Sheets
- Money Generated Sheets
- Negative Numbers Generated Sheets
- Fraction Generated Sheets
- Place Value Zones
- Number Bonds
- Addition & Subtraction
- Times Tables
- Fraction & Percent Zones
- All Calculators
- Fraction Calculators
- Percent calculators
- Area & Volume Calculators
- Age Calculator
- Height Calculator
- Roman Numeral Calculator
- Coloring Pages
- Fun Math Sheets
- Math Puzzles
- Mental Math Sheets
- Online Times Tables
- Online Addition & Subtraction
- Math Grab Packs
- Online Math Quizzes
- Place Value
- Rounding Numbers
- Comparing Numbers
- Number Lines
- Prime Numbers
- Negative Numbers
- Roman Numerals
- Fraction Worksheets
- Learning Fractions
- Fraction Printables
- Percent Worksheets & Help
- All Geometry
- 2d Shapes Worksheets
- 3d Shapes Worksheets
- Shape Properties
- Geometry Cheat Sheets
- Printable Shapes
- Math Conversion
- Statistics Worksheets
- Bar Graph Worksheets
- Venn Diagrams
- All Word Problems
- Finding all possibilities
- Logic Problems
- Ratio Word Problems
- All UK Maths Sheets
- Year 1 Maths Worksheets
- Year 2 Maths Worksheets
- Year 3 Maths Worksheets
- Year 4 Maths Worksheets
- Year 5 Maths Worksheets
- Year 6 Maths Worksheets
- All AU Maths Sheets
- Kindergarten Maths Australia
- Year 1 Maths Australia
- Year 2 Maths Australia
- Year 3 Maths Australia
- Year 4 Maths Australia
- Year 5 Maths Australia
- Meet the Sallies
Two Digit Subtraction Without Regrouping
Welcome to Two Digit Subtraction Without Regrouping page.
Take a look at our double digit subtraction worksheets to help your child learn and practice their subtraction skills without regrouping.
We have a range of different worksheets to help you master this skill.
- 2 Digit Subtraction Worksheets with Regrouping
- 2 Digit Subtraction No Regrouping Worksheets
- 2 Digit Subtraction Missing Number Worksheets
- Easier/Harder Worksheets
- More related resources
Here you will find a range of 2-digit Subtraction Worksheets without regrouping set out in columns.
Using these sheets will help your child to:
- use column subtraction to subtract two 2-digit numbers where no regrouping is needed;
- set out a 2 digit column subtraction correctly;
The sheets are graded so that you can select the right level of challenge.
- Sheet 1 has fewer calculations and a larger font;
- Sheets 2, 3 and 4 have more calculations;
- Sheets 5 and 6 require children to re-write the subtraction in columns and work it out.
Two Digit Column Subtraction Without Regrouping Worksheets
- 2 Digit Subtraction with no regrouping Sheet 1
- PDF version
- 2 Digit Subtraction with no regrouping Sheet 2
- 2 Digit Subtraction with no regrouping Sheet 3
- 2 Digit Subtraction with no regrouping Sheet 4
- 2 Digit Subtraction with no regrouping Sheet 5
- 2 Digit Subtraction with no regrouping Sheet 6
Two Digit Column Subtraction Without Regrouping Missing Number Challenges
This sheet involves filling in the missing digits in the 2-digit subtractions, where the digits may belong to any of the three numbers.
- 2 Digit Subtraction (No regrouping) Missing Numbers 1
Looking for some easier Subtraction Worksheets
- Subtraction Facts to 12
- Add and Subtract 10 Worksheets
Looking for some harder Subtraction worksheets
- 2 Digit Subtraction Worksheets With Regrouping
- 3 Digit Subtraction Worksheets
More Recommended Math Worksheets
Take a look at some more of our worksheets similar to these.
Subtraction With Regrouping Worksheet Generator
If you need some more 2 digit subtraction worksheets, or want to practice more column subtraction with regrouping, then take a look at our Subtraction With Regrouping Worksheet Generator.
You can select the size of numbers and number of questions you want, then generate your own random worksheet in a matter of seconds.
- Column Subtraction Printable Worksheets
More Subtraction Worksheets
Here you will find a range of Free Printable First Grade Subtraction Worksheets.
The following worksheets involve using the First Grade Math skills of subtracting.
- learn their addition and subtraction facts to 12;
- 1st Grade Subtraction Word Problems
- Subtracting tens
- Free Subtraction Worksheets (randomly generated)
Math Subtraction Games
Here you will find a range of Free Printable Subtraction Games to help kids learn their subtraction facts.
Using these games will help your child to learn their subtraction facts, and also to develop their memory and strategic thinking skills.
- Subtraction Games
How to Print or Save these sheets
Need help with printing or saving? Follow these 3 easy steps to get your worksheets printed out perfectly!
- How to Print support
Return to First Grade Math Worksheets
Return to Subtraction Worksheets
Return from Two Digit Subtraction without regrouping to Math Salamanders Home Page
The Math Salamanders hope you enjoy using these free printable Math worksheets and all our other Math games and resources.
We welcome any comments about our site or worksheets on the Facebook comments box at the bottom of every page.
TOP OF PAGE
Math Salamanders Shop
Looking for some fun printable math games?
We have some great games for you to play in our Math Games e-books!
- Check out our store
NEW Online Age Calculator
Do you know how old you are...in weeks? days? hours?
Are you more than a million minutes old?
Find out how old you are to the nearest second!
- Online Age Calculator
NEW Fraction Calculators
We have updated and improved our fraction calculators to show you how to solve your fraction problems step-by-step!
Take a look and try them out!
- Adding Fractions Calculator
- Subtracting Fractions Calculator
- Multiply Fractions Calculator
- Divide Fractions Calculator
New Math Sheets & Resources
Check out our LATEST webpages.
- Number Lines 0 to 1
- 2 Digit Multiplication Worksheets
- Converting Decimals to Fractions Worksheets
- Basic Fractions Worksheets
- Negative Numbers Games
- Multiplying Negative Numbers Online Practice
- Divide Negative Numbers Online Practice
- Adding Negative Numbers Online Practice
- Subtracting Negative Numbers Online Practice
Some of our TOP pages!
Have a look at some of our most popular pages to see different Math activities and ideas you could use with your child
- Reverse Percentage Calculator
- List of Geometric Shapes
- Equivalent Fractions
- 3d Geometric Shapes
- Perimeter Worksheets
If you are a regular user of our site and appreciate what we do, please consider making a small donation to help us with our costs.
Get a free sample copy of our Math Salamanders Dice Games book with each donation!
FUN Math Games
Looking for a fun and motivating way to learn and practice math skills?
Why not try one of our free printable math games with your students!
- Fun Math Games
- Printable Math Certificates
Looking for some cool math certificates to hand out?
A certificate is a great way to praise achievement in math learning.
Check out our printable math certificate collection!
© 2010-2022 Math Salamanders Limited. All Rights Reserved.
- Copyright Policy
- Number Chart
- Number Counting
- Skip Counting
- Tracing – Number Tracing
- Numbers – Missing
- Numbers – Least to Greatest
- Before & After Numbers
- Greater & Smaller Number
- Number – More or Less
- Numbers -Fact Family
- Numbers – Place Value
- Even & Odd
- Tally Marks
- Fraction Addition
- Fraction Circles
- Fraction Model
- Fraction Subtraction
- Fractions – Comparing
- Fractions – Equivalent
- Decimal Addition
- Decimal Model
- Decimal Subtraction
- Addition – Picture
- Addition – 1 Digit
- Addition – 2 Digit
- Addition – 3 Digit
- Addition – 4 Digit
- Addition – Missing Addend
- Addition Regrouping
- Addition Word Problems
- Subtraction – Picture
- Subtraction – 1 Digit
- Subtraction – 2 Digit
- Subtraction – 3 Digit
- Subtraction – 4 Digit
- Subtraction Regrouping
- Multiplication – Repeated Addition
- Times Tables
- Times Table – Times Table Chart
- Multiplication – Horizontal
- Multiplication – Vertical
- Multiplication-1 Digit
- Multiplication-2 Digit by 2 Digit
- Multiplication-3 Digit by 1 Digit
- Squares – Perfect Squares
- Multiplication Word Problems
- Square Root
- Division – Long Division
- Division-2Digit by1Digit-No Remainder
- Division-2Digit by1Digit-With Remainder
- Division-3Digit by1Digit-No Remainder
- Division – Sharing
- Time – Elapsed Time
- Time – Clock Face
- Pan Balance Problems
- Algebraic Reasoning
- Math Worksheets on Graph Paper
- Preschool Worksheets
- Kindergarten Worksheets
- Home Preschool Kindergarten First Grade Math Pinterest
- Book Report Critical Thinking Pattern Cut and Paste Patterns Pattern – Number Patterns Pattern – Shape Patterns Pattern – Line Patterns Easter Feelings & Emotions Grades Fifth Grade First Grade First Grade – Popular First Grade Fractions Fourth Grade Kindergarten Worksheets Kindergarten Addition Kindergarten Subtraction PreK Worksheets Preschool Worksheets Color, Trace & Draw Coloring Color by Number Spring Cut and Paste Activities Cut and Paste Letters Cut and Paste Numbers Cut and Paste Shapes Cut and Paste Worksheets Dot to Dot Dot to Dot – Numbers 1-10 Dot to Dot – Numbers 1-20 Dot to Dot – Tracing Dot to Dot – Letter – a-z Dot to Dot – Numbers 1-50 Fruits and Vegetables Modes of Transportation Opposites Preschool Matching Worksheets Scissor Cutting Skills Size – Same and Different Size Comparison Size – Big Bigger Biggest Size – Longest and Shortest Size – Shortest and Tallest Size – Smallest and Biggest Tracing Pre Writing Worksheets Tracing – Line Tracing – Preschool Tracing – Shape Tracing – Preschool Tracing – Picture Tracing Tracing – Picture Tracing – Popular Trace and Draw Tracing – Spiral Tracing Second Grade Second Grade – Popular Third Grade Graphing Graph – Trace and Draw Graphing – Count and Graph Halloween Worksheets Pumpkin Worksheets Letter Alphabet Coloring Letter – Coloring Letter – Mazes Letters – Alphabet Chart Letters – Before and After Letters – Capital Letters Letters -Uppercase Letters Letters – Uppercase and Lowercase Letters -Missing Letters Letters -Small Letters Letters -Lowercase Letters Tracing – Letter Tracing Uppercase and Lowercase Math Addition Addition – 1 Digit Addition – 1 More Addition – 10 more Addition – 2 Digit Addition – 3 Digit Addition – 4 Digit Addition – Add and Match Addition – Add and Multiply Addition – Add Tens Addition – Adding 3 Numbers Addition – Adding 4 Numbers Addition – Basic Addition Facts Addition – Dice Addition – Making 10 Addition – Making 5 Addition – Missing Addend Addition – No Regrouping Addition – Number Line Addition – Picture Addition – Popular Addition – Repeated Addition Addition – Sums up to 10 Addition – Sums up to 20 Addition – Sums up to 30 Addition – Ways to Make a Number Addition – Sums up to 5 Addition Doubles Addition Doubles Plus One Addition Regrouping Addition Sentences Addition/Subtraction Addition/Subtraction – 1 More 1 Less Addition/Subtraction – 10 More 10 Less Algebra Algebraic Reasoning Balancing Equations Equations Pan Balance Problems Brain Teasers Decimal Decimal Addition Decimal Model Decimal Subtraction Dice Worksheets Division Division – Long Division Division – Sharing Division-2Digit by1Digit-No Remainder Division-2Digit by1Digit-With Remainder Division-3Digit by1Digit-No Remainder Fraction Fraction Addition Fraction Circles Fraction Circles Template Fraction Model Fraction Subtraction Fractions – Coloring Fractions – Comparing Fractions – Equivalent Fractions – Halves Geometry Polygon Magic Squares Magic Triangles Math Worksheets on Graph Paper Multiplication Multiplication – Basic Facts Multiplication – Cubes Multiplication – Horizontal Multiplication – Popular Multiplication – Quiz Multiplication – Repeated Addition Multiplication – Test Multiplication – Vertical Multiplication Target Circles Multiplication-1 Digit Multiplication-2 Digit by 2 Digit Multiplication-3 Digit by 1 Digit Multiplication-3 Digit by 2 Digit Squares – Perfect Squares Times Tables Times Table – 10 Times Table Times Table – 11 Times Table Times Table – 12 Times Table Times Table – 2 Times Table Times Table – 3 Times Table Times Table – 4 Times Table Times Table – 5 Times Table Times Table – 6 Times Table Times Table – 7 Times Table Times Table – 8 Times Table Times Table – 9 Times Table Times Table – Popular Times Table – Times Table Chart Times Tables – Advanced Times Tables 2 -12 – 1 Worksheet Number Number – Comparing Number – More or Less Number – Greater & Smaller Number – Hundreds Number – Ordinal Numbers Number Bonds Number Chart Number Coloring Number Counting Number – Count How Many Number Counting – Dice Numbers – Count and Match Numbers – Before, After, and Between Numbers 1-20 – Before & After Numbers – Even & Odd Numbers – Missing Numbers – Missing Numbers 1-50 Numbers – Missing Numbers 1-10 Numbers – Missing Numbers 1-100 Numbers – Missing Numbers 1-15 Numbers – Missing Numbers 1-20 Numbers – Missing Numbers 1-30 Numbers – Ordering Numbers Numbers – Least to Greatest Numbers – Ordering Numbers 1-10 Numbers – Ordering Numbers 1-100 Numbers – Ordering Numbers 1-20 Numbers – Ordering Numbers 1-30 Numbers – Ordering Numbers 1-50 Numbers – Place Value Numbers – Ten Frames Numbers – Tens and Ones Numbers -Fact Family Numbers 1 – 10 Numbers 1 – 100 Numbers 1 – 20 Numbers 1 – 30 Numbers 1 – 50 Numbers 1 – 15 Numbers 1-120 Part Part Whole Skip Counting Skip Counting – Count by 1000s Skip Counting – Count by 100s Skip Counting – Count by 10s Skip Counting – Count by 2s Skip Counting – Count by 5s Skip Counting – Popular Skip Counting by 2s, 5s, and10s Tracing – Number Tracing Percent Puzzles Regrouping – Addition and Subtraction Shapes Shape – Match Shapes Shape – Mazes Shape Names Shapes – Popular Square Root Subtraction Subtraction – 1 Digit Subtraction – 1 Less Subtraction – 10 Less Subtraction – 2 Digit Subtraction – 3 Digit Subtraction – 4 Digit Subtraction – Missing Minuends Subtraction – Missing Subtrahends Subtraction – No Regrouping Subtraction – Number Line Subtraction – Picture Subtraction – Subtract and Match Subtraction – Subtract Tens Subtraction – Within 10 Subtraction – Within 20 Subtraction – Within 5 Subtraction Regrouping Subtraction Sentences Symmetry Tally Marks Time Time – Clock Face Time – Draw the hands Time – Elapsed Time Time – Elapsed Time Ruler Time – Telling Time Word Problems Addition Word Problems Multiplication Word Problems Subtraction Word Problems Missing Operator Most Popular Math Worksheets Most Popular Preschool and Kindergarten Worksheets Most Popular Worksheets New Worksheets Phonics Phonics – Beginning Sounds Phonics – Ending Sounds Phonics – Middle Sounds Preschool and Kindergarten – Mazes Printable Posters Charts Science Life Cycle Spelling Spelling – Days of the Week Spelling – Months of the Year Spelling – Numbers in Words Spot the difference Theme Worksheets Theme – Animal Theme – Dinosaur Theme – Cloud Theme – Flower Theme – Fruit Theme – Transport Theme – Aeroplane Theme – Car Theme – Rocket Theme – Train Theme – Truck Thinking Skills Analogies Worksheets Picture Analogies Preschool – Connect other half Top Worksheets Uncategorized Writing
4 Digit Subtraction – No Regrouping – Three Worksheets
- 4 Digit Subtraction
- Avoid Confusion
- Divider Lines
- no regrouping
- Numbers lined up
- Ones versus Tens Place
- subtraction —
- Vertical Lines
- visual workbook
3 Digit Subtraction – No Regrouping – Three Worksheets
- 3 Digit Subtraction
- three digit
2 Digit Subtraction – No Regrouping – 4 Worksheets
- 2 Digit Subtraction
Scroll to Top
Memo Line for the Subtraction Worksheet
You may enter a message or special instruction that will appear on the bottom left corner of the Subtraction Worksheet.
Subtraction Worksheet Answer Page
Include Subtraction Worksheet Answer Page
Now you are ready to create your Subtraction Worksheet by pressing the Create Button.
Welcome to the Subtraction Worksheets page at Math-Drills.com where you will get less of an experience than our other pages! This page includes Subtraction worksheets on topics such as five minute frenzies, one-, two-, three- and multi-digit subtraction and subtracting across zeros.
Subtraction has been around for several years now... well maybe more than a few, so it's probably a good thing for students to learn. People experience subtraction every minute of their lives from banks and the government taking away your money to the cookies in the jar mysteriously disappearing. With a good knowledge of subtraction, you can understand why your bank account reaches zero and do something to prevent it from happening.
Some students do have difficulty with subtraction, so take it easy on them. Help them to learn their addition facts first. Once they know those, they will need a few more strategies to successfully subtract. Teaching with manipulatives like base ten blocks or cereal or insects in the park can help students gain a deeper understanding of subtraction. The subtracting worksheets on this page are meant to support good teaching practices, so only use them for independent learning if students are practising skills they already know.
We use the words, minuend, subtrahend and difference on this page. Please refer to the following, so you know which word means which part of a subtraction question.
Minuend - Subtrahend = Difference
Most Popular Subtraction Worksheets this Week
Five Minute Subtraction Frenzy Charts
Five minute subtraction frenzies.
Five minute subtraction frenzies are timed practice charts that help students develop subtraction fact recall speed. These charts are similar to the addition and multiplication frenzy charts, but due to the nature of how subtraction works, we could not focus solely on the single digit fact families. For example, you might get questions like 18 - 4 = 14. You also have to be aware that you must subtract the row number from the column number to get a positive number (or zero). Other than that, they should be a nice way to practice some mental subtraction. As with most of these pages, please only use them as a timed activity with students who will experience success. If a student does not have the necessary skills to complete a frenzy in under five minutes, you may need to take a different approach to how you deliver this page. For all others, students should be able to complete this page in under five minutes with a 98% or greater accuracy and improve their time as they get more practice.
Subtracting Single-Digit Numbers Worksheets a.k.a. Subtraction Facts
Subtracting single-digit facts is a skill that students generally learn after or while they are learning single-digit addition facts. The subtraction worksheets below are meant to be used for practice, testing or as a teaching skill. They will not teach students how to subtract or what the connection is between addition and subtraction; for that, students require a teacher or parent. If students are learning their subtraction facts, please use the suitable page below. For example, if your student has just learned subtracting by 3, then you will probably want to choose a subtraction worksheet that focuses on 3 as a subtrahend.
Various subtraction tables
Most of the subtraction tables in this section are meant to be used as a reference for students learning their subtraction facts. After a while, most students will remember the facts and recall them easily when completing math problems.
Subtracting from minuends 2 to 9
Some students might find it easier to start with subtraction facts with minuends (the first number) limited to 9 or lower. This way, they don't need to count across 10 eliminating that extra pesky digit... for now.
Subtracting from minuends up to 18
*The worksheets marked with an asterisk below include all possible questions in a random order on each version of the worksheet.
Subtracting Focus Numbers
Sometimes students just need to reinforce a single number at a time which is where these worksheets come in. There are three sets of worksheets in this section, each with a different number of questions. The last set is the most interesting as there are no questions repeated. Eleven and Twelve have been included as they are essentially subtracting by 10 and 1 or 2 more.
Horizontally Arranged Subtraction Facts
Make Ten Subtraction Strategy
The make ten subtraction strategy involves "spliting" the subtrahend (amount being subtracted) into two parts. The first part should be the exact amount that will reduce the minuend (the first number) to ten (or multiple of ten as the case may be) and the second part is the leftover amount. The strategy helps students internalize a mental strategy for subtracting across tens. For example, with the question 15 - 9, students first recognize that they need to subtract 5 to get 10, so they split the 9 into 5 and 4. Subtracting 5 from 15 results in 10 and subtracting 4 more results in 6, so 15 - 9 = 6. This strategy can be used any time students need to subtract "over" a multiple of ten and there are many worksheets in this section to practice it. For example, subtracting 84 - 8, students recognize that they must subtract 4 from 84 to get 80 which leaves 4 more to subtract from 80 to get 76.
Multi-Digit Subtraction Worksheets
Subtraction worksheets including questions with two or more digits for practicing subtracting strategies with larger numbers.
Try teaching a mental math strategy for subtraction called counting up. Here is how it is done:
Start with the second number (the subtrahend) and count up by tens until you find the closest value to the first number (the minuend). Keep track of how many tens you counted. Add or subtract a single digit number to get the minuend exactly then adjust the tens by that amount. For the question, 84 - 35, start at 35, and count, 45, 55, 65, 75, 85 (five tens) and one down to get 84. Five tens minus one is 49. For the question 65 - 22, start at 22 and count, 32, 42, 52, 62 (four tens) and three up to get 65. Four tens and three is 43. The previous examples used two-digit numbers, but the strategy can swiftly be modified for larger numbers. How far can your students go with it? Here is an example with three-digit numbers:
Let's use the question 927 - 648. First, count up by hundreds to 948 (that's 300). Then count down by tens to 928 (that's -20). Finally count down by ones to 927 (that's one). 300 - 20 - 1 = 279. That's almost easier than adding!
Multi-Digit Subtraction with SOME regrouping
These are classic subtraction worksheets with randomly generated numbers. Regrouping should be necessary about half of the time. Versions with ALL regrouping and NO regrouping follow. If you would like to see numbers with thousands separators, look a little further down the page and choose the appropriate version for your location.
Multi-Digit Subtraction with Grid Support
For students who need a little extra help with lining things up, these subtraction worksheets have the digits spaced further apart on a grid. The answer keys also show the carrying values to help diagnose where things went wrong (but hopefully they won't).
Multi-Digit Subtraction with ALL regrouping
These subtraction worksheets include questions that require regrouping at every step. They can be frustrating and difficult for students who are not familiar with the concept of subtraction. Try showing them with base ten blocks how regrouping works.
Multi-Digit Subtraction with NO regrouping
Some students require a little extra help when learning to subtract large numbers. These subtraction worksheets include questions where the regrouping step has been eliminated. This might help students learn a subtraction algorithm before learning about regrouping.
Horizontally Arranged Multi-Digit Subtraction
Why horizontal subtraction worksheets? Students can show their understanding of place value and number sense if they do not already have the numbers lined up. Vertical subtraction is often learned based on a student's understanding of single-digit subtraction, but looking at the whole number is lost in the algorithm.
Multi-Digit Subtraction with Comma-Separated Thousands
Many students in English-speaking countries are used to seeing numbers with comma-separated thousands.
Multi-Digit Subtraction with Space-Separated Thousands
Space-separated thousands are becoming more widely used, including in the United States. Canadian students have used both comma separated and space separated thousands for many years.
Multi-Digit Subtraction with Period-Separated Thousands
Even though period separated thousands are not common in the English-speaking world, we provide these for our friends in other countries who may find them useful.
Subtracting Across Zeros and Calculating Complements
Subtracting across zeros worksheets for students to learn and practice this important skill.
Complements of powers of 10
Generally, a student would not regroup to determine the complements of 10, 100, 1000, etc. One strategy that could be used is as follows: working from left to right, a student would take each digit in the subtrahend and figure out its nines complement. If the digit was 3, for example, the nines complement of 3 is 6. For the last digit (ones), the student would use the tens complement. For example, a typical question is 1000 - 456. The nines complement of 4 is 5, the nines complement of 5 is 4 and the tens complement of 6 is 4. Putting it all together, the student would get 5 4 4 or 544 = 1000 - 456.
Subtracting from multiples of powers of 10
Subtracting Across Zeros in the Middle
These worksheets are meant to give students practice dealing with 0's in the middles of subtraction questions. Whether using pencil and paper or mental arithmetic, it is always a good idea to make sure students know what to do when they encounter zeros.
Subtracting in Other Number Systems
Subtracting numbers in number systems other than decimal numbers including binary, quaternary, octal, duodecimal and hexadecimal numbers.
Subtracting in other base number systems
Reading & Math for K-5
- Learning numbers
- Comparing numbers
- Place Value
- Roman numerals
- Order of operations
- Drills & practice
- Factoring & prime factors
- Shape & geometry
- Data & graphing
- Word problems
- Children's stories
- Leveled Stories
- Context clues
- Cause & effect
- Compare & contrast
- Fact vs. fiction
- Fact vs. opinion
- Figurative language
- Main idea & details
- Story elements
- Conclusions & inferences
- Sounds & phonics
- Words & vocabulary
- Reading comprehension
- Early writing
- Numbers & counting
- Simple math
- Other activities
- Dolch sight words
- Fry sight words
- Multiple meaning words
- Prefixes & suffixes
- Other parts of speech
- Cursive alphabet
- Cursive letters
- Cursive letter joins
- Cursive words
- Cursive sentences
- Cursive passages
- Grammar & Writing
- columns, 2-digits
Download & Print Only $4.40
Subtract 2-digit numbers in columns
Column form subtraction, no borrowing.
Grade 2 subtraction worksheets on subtracting a 2-digit number from a 2-digit number in columns with no regrouping (borrowing).
These worksheets are available to members only.
Join K5 to save time, skip ads and access more content. Learn More
More subtraction worksheets
Explore all of our subtraction worksheets , from subtracting by counting objects to subtracting large numbers in columns.
What is K5?
K5 Learning offers free worksheets , flashcards and inexpensive workbooks for kids in kindergarten to grade 5. Become a member to access additional content and skip ads.
Our members helped us give away millions of worksheets last year.
We provide free educational materials to parents and teachers in over 100 countries. If you can, please consider purchasing a membership ($24/year) to support our efforts.
Members skip ads and access exclusive features.
Learn about member benefits
This content is available to members only.
- Forgot Password?
- Arts & Music
- English Language Arts
- World Language
- Social Studies - History
- Holidays / Seasonal
- Independent Work Packet
- Easel by TPT
- Google Apps
Interactive resources you can assign in your digital classroom from TPT.
Unlock access to 4 million resources — at no cost to you — with a school-funded subscription..
two digit subtraction without regrouping worksheets
Resource types, all resource types, results for two digit subtraction without regrouping worksheets.
- Price (Ascending)
- Most Recent
Two Digit Subtraction without Regrouping Worksheets
Also included in: Two Digit Addition and Subtraction Column Method Worksheets - Bundle
Also included in: Two Digit Addition and Subtraction with Regrouping BUNDLE!
2 Digit Addition Subtraction with without Regrouping Worksheets 2nd Morning Work
Also included in: 2 and 3 Digit Addition and Subtraction Worksheets for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Grade
2 Digit Addition & Subtraction Worksheets | With and Without Regrouping BUNDLE
Two Digit Addition and Subtraction Worksheets With and Without Regrouping
- Easel Activity
Also included in: 2 and 3 Digit Addition and Subtraction Worksheets BUNDLE
Double Digit (Two Digit) Subtraction - Without Regrouping - Worksheets
Also included in: Two Digit Addition and Subtraction Bundle With and Without Regrouping
2 and 3 Digit Addition and Subtraction Worksheets BUNDLE
2 Double Digit Addition Subtraction With Without Regrouping No Prep Worksheets
- Internet Activities
2nd Grade Math Puzzles | 2 Digit Addition Subtraction with & without Regrouping
2 Digit Addition and Subtraction Without Regrouping Worksheets
Also included in: 2-Digit & 3-Digit Addition and Subtraction Worksheets REGROUPING, NO REGROUPING
3 Digit Addition and Subtraction WITH and WITHOUT Regrouping Worksheets
3 Digit Addition and Subtraction Worksheets With and Without Regrouping
2 and 3 Digit Addition and Subtraction with and without Regrouping Worksheets
2 Digit Subtraction WITHOUT Regrouping Worksheets
Also included in: 2 Digit Addition & Subtraction Worksheets | With and Without Regrouping BUNDLE
Double Digit Subtraction without Regrouping Worksheets with Base Ten Blocks
Also included in: BUNDLE Addition and Subtraction to 20 Worksheets Math Strategies Practice
2 Digit Addition Subtraction Worksheets | Mixed With and Without Regrouping
2-Digit Addition and Subtraction Without Regrouping Worksheets
Also included in: 2 Digit Addition and Subtraction Worksheets BUNDLE
Two Digit Addition and Subtraction Bundle With and Without Regrouping
Two Digit Addition & Subtraction Worksheets Without Regrouping
Addition and Subtraction Double Digit Math Facts without Regrouping Worksheets
2 Double Digit Subtraction Without No Regrouping Worksheets Google Slides
Also included in: 2 Double Digit Addition Subtraction With Without Regrouping No Prep Worksheets
First Grade Math Unit 13 for 2 Digit Addition and Subtraction Without Regrouping
2 Digit Addition and Subtraction with and without Regrouping Color by Number
Winter Color by Number 2 Digit Addition and Subtraction with without Regrouping
TPT empowers educators to teach at their best.
- We're Hiring
- Help & FAQ
- Terms of Service
- Trademark & Copyright
Keep in Touch!
Are you getting the free resources, updates, and special offers we send out every week in our teacher newsletter?
Core Math Worksheets
Addition worksheets, subtraction worksheets, multiplication worksheets, division worksheets, fact family worksheets, long division worksheets, negative numbers, exponents worksheets, order of operations worksheets, fraction worksheets, fractions worksheets, graphic fractions, equivalent fractions, reducing fractions, comparing fractions, adding fractions, subtracting fractions, multiplying fractions, dividing fractions, fractions as decimals, fraction decimal percent, word problems, pre-algebra word problems, money word problems, linear equations, one step equations, two step equations, other worksheets, place value, percentages, rounding numbers, ordering numbers, standard, expanded, word form, mean median mode range, ratio worksheets, roman numerals, factorization, gcd, lcm, pre-algebra, geometry worksheets, blank clocks, telling analog time, analog elapsed time, greater than and less than, arithmetic sequences, geometric sequences, venn diagram, measurement & conversions, inches measurement, metric measurement, metric si unit conversions, customary unit conversions, customary and metric, patterns and puzzles, number patterns, patterns with negatives, missing operations, magic square, number grid puzzles, word search puzzles, color by number, addition color by number, subtraction color by number, multiplication color by number, division color by number, color by number, holiday & seasonal, valentine's day, st. patrick's day, early learning, base ten blocks, printable flash cards, number matching, number tracing, missing numbers, picture math addition, picture math subtraction, picture math multiplication, picture math division, multiplication chart, multiplication table, hundreds chart, place value chart, roman numerals chart, handwriting paper, graph paper, coordinate plane, spaceship math check-off, square root chart, fraction chart, probability chart, measurement chart, number line, comic strip template, calculators, age calculator, factoring calculator, fraction calculator, slope calculator, degrees to radians, percentage calculator, prime factorization calculator, roman numeral converter, long division calculator, multiplication calculator, math worksheets by grade, preschool math worksheets, kindergarten math worksheets, 1st grade math worksheets, 2nd grade math worksheets, 3rd grade math worksheets, 4th grade math worksheets, 5th grade math worksheets, 6th grade math worksheets, worksheet news, subtraction worksheets: no borrowing.
These multi-digit subtraction worksheets introduce problems without borrowing or regrouping.
Mixed Two Digit Subtraction, No Borrowing
Two Digit Subtraction, No Borrowing
Mixed Three Digit Subtraction, No Borrowing
Three Digit Subtraction, No Borrowing
Mixed Four Digit Subtraction, No Borrowing
Four Digit Subtraction, No Borrowing
Subtraction Worksheets without Regrouping
These subtraction worksheets are the next step in place value subtraction concepts. These worksheets include multiple digit subtraction problems where the individual place values can be subtracted as simple facts, without borrowing or regrouping. There are several sets of worksheets including two digit subtraction, three digit subtraction and four digit subtraction. All of the worksheets include answer keys. After completing these worksheets, students should be prepared to move on to simple subtraction problems that include borrowing.
Copyright 2008-2023 DadsWorksheets, LLC
Subtraction (No Regrouping) · Subtraction Worksheets (No Borrowing) · Math Games and. Task Cards · Subtraction Worksheet Generator · Sample Worksheet Images.
2 Digit Subtraction Worksheets with Regrouping; 2 Digit Subtraction No Regrouping Worksheets; 2 Digit Subtraction Missing Number Worksheets; Easier/Harder
Content filed under the Subtraction – No Regrouping category.
This subtraction worksheet is for problems that do not require regrouping. The problems may be configured with either 2 digits - 1 digit problems or 2
The Subtracting 2-Digit from 2-Digit Numbers With No Regrouping (49 Questions) (A) Math Worksheet from the Subtraction Worksheets Page at
Subtraction worksheets including subtraction facts and subtraction questions with larger numbers. ... Multi-Digit Subtraction with NO regrouping.
Column form subtraction, no borrowing. Grade 2 subtraction worksheets on subtracting a 2-digit number from a 2-digit number in columns with no regrouping
2 and 3 Digit Addition and Subtraction No regrouping and with regrouping Worksheets - Do your students need extra practice with 2
These multi-digit subtraction worksheets introduce problems without borrowing or regrouping. Mixed Two Digit Subtraction, No Borrowing. Subtraction Worksheet
This handy 2-digit subtraction without regrouping worksheet can be a great introduction to column subtraction. Challenge calculations and answers also